Shinya Takahashi says Nintendo is "researching new console hardware"

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 14, 2018, 03:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Shinya Takahashi says Nintendo is "researching new console hardware" | ResetEra

The notable thing here is not that Nintendo is working on new hardware, it's that he wasn't even asked about new hardware. Please read the whole quote.https://gonintendo.com/stories/3069...akahashi-says-nintendo-is-researching-new-con
Nintendo's Shinya Takahashi was at the BAFTA Games Awards 2018 to represent Nintendo and their nominated games. At the event, Mr. Takahashi had a brief interview with the BBC. Surprisingly, Takahashi let loose with this tidbit about future Nintendo hardware.Nintendo constantly works on hardware, so we have been doing research and development. So you may see the new system sometime in the future. I honestly don't know what to make of the statement. It comes out of nowhere, especially when you consider that Takahashi gave this statement as an answer to the question, "Do you think the success of the Switch has come as a surprise?" I mean, his response doesn't make any sense!Click to expand...
Spoiler Switch Mini at E3. Get hype, son.   

darkknightkryta

I wonder if they ran out of unused Tegras to resell at twice the price.

the-pi-guy

I wonder if they ran out of unused Tegras to resell at twice the price.
It's pretty common.  Sony has probably been working on PS5 since the PS4 was released.  
I forgot that the Switch is the only one using Nvidia.  

Legend

I want to see if the pro dock ever becomes real. That'd be an awesome way to make the system upgradable.

Dr. Pezus