Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cute Pikachu

Octopath has severe supply issues in Japan to the point Square had to publicly apologize. It had a debut of 110k. Digital bodes well since it's the first game to past the new version of Minecraft since it launched.

Octopath also came in these places
Switzerland: 1st
Australia: 2nd
New Zealand: 5th

France and Spain it'll probably be number 1
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Octopath has severe supply issues in Japan to the point Square had to publicly apologize. It had a debut of 110k. Digital bodes well since it's the first game to past the new version of Minecraft since it launched.

Octopath also came in these places
Switzerland: 1st
Australia: 2nd
New Zealand: 5th

France and Spain it'll probably be number 1
Yeah seems like an excellent launch. Well deserved too.

Xevross

So, Spider-Man PS4 over or under God of War first week?

BananaKing

I'm guessing under but not by much. At least 2.4 million.

Dr. Pezus

I'm gonna say 2.5-3m

Legend

Under. I almost forgot Spiderman was so close

the-pi-guy

Holy cow, it's like a month and a half away.

Xevross

Under. I almost forgot Spiderman was so close
I know! Exciting!

Well Benji on ERA said Spidey is tracking massive and has a chance to beat GOW, but GOW had a massive uptick at the end so its hard to tell right now. And that's the US. I'm sure spidey will be bigger than GOW in the rest of the world. I think its possible with good marketing. Lets not forget that we had a Spiderman film last year and one of the biggest films of all time just came out featuring spiderman quite heavily. He's super popular right now.

GOW sold 3.1M first week, I think Spidey will be really close and round to 3M as well. I'm gonna go over, since everyone else is saying under! 3.3M first week.

Dr. Pezus

I know! Exciting!

Well Benji on ERA said Spidey is tracking massive and has a chance to beat GOW, but GOW had a massive uptick at the end so its hard to tell right now. And that's the US. I'm sure spidey will be bigger than GOW in the rest of the world. I think its possible with good marketing. Lets not forget that we had a Spiderman film last year and one of the biggest films of all time just came out featuring spiderman quite heavily. He's super popular right now.

GOW sold 3.1M first week, I think Spidey will be really close and round to 3M as well. I'm gonna go over, since everyone else is saying under! 3.3M first week.
Look who is optimistic for once  ;)

Xevross

Look who is optimistic for once  ;)
I'm always optimistic!

the-pi-guy

I'd expect an uptick if the game gets above an 80, big one if it's over 90.  

Dr. Pezus

Surely 80+ is guaranteed??

the-pi-guy

Surely 80+ is guaranteed??
Ha. Guarantees he says.

Xevross

Yeah, GOW being 95 for a week before launch probably helped with that massive push Benji mentioned.

Ha. Guarantees he says.
I think you can tell from the gameplay, impressions and trailers that it will be. I'm thinking something like 88.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, GOW being 95 for a week before launch probably helped with that massive push Benji mentioned.
I think you can tell from the gameplay, impressions and trailers that it will be. I'm thinking something like 88.
Then we find out day 1 that there is some horrible game breaking bug that completely destroys the game 15 min in.  

Receives a metacritic of 55 for that reason.  

Go Up