Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

Microsoft got a few extra Xbox One sales in holiday 2015 from it. I don't know if it was enough to be worth what they payed, but I sure hope it was. Otherwise, the deal was terrible for both Squeenix and MS which is just tragic. Squeenix have mismanaged this franchise in so many ways its such a shame. Could have been an Uncharted competitor/ replacement but now its just an afterthought to the genre.

SE have had a bad gen. It feels like out of their major franchises the only one they've gotten right is DQ, they've also had some good success with games like Nier and Octopath but that's about it. They need to turn it around.

I think they'll stick to their usual week 1 sales announcement but then very quickly announce the extra milestones once they're reached.
Microsoft got a few extra Xbox One sales in holiday 2015 from it. I don't know if it was enough to be worth what they payed, but I sure hope it was. Otherwise, the deal was terrible for both Squeenix and MS which is just tragic. Squeenix have mismanaged this franchise in so many ways its such a shame. Could have been an Uncharted competitor/ replacement but now its just an afterthought to the genre.

SE have had a bad gen. It feels like out of their major franchises the only one they've gotten right is DQ, they've also had some good success with games like Nier and Octopath but that's about it. They need to turn it around.

I think they'll stick to their usual week 1 sales announcement but then very quickly announce the extra milestones once they're reached.
Now i remember why it was such a dumb decision. Wasn't both it and umcharted 4 meant to release holiday 2015? So maybe they thought Hmmm it will be up against umcharted anyway on ps4 so we take the MS money and give it a holiday 2016 release away from umcharted 4. That logic at least wasn't retarded.
But then uncharted gets delayed anyway so turns out they could have had holiday 2015 all to themselves with no uncharted game out. Ps4 fans were super thirsty for this type of game back then and if they released holiday 2015 i think it would have sold a boat load on ps4. The series on a high and Uncharted fans probably would have jumped on board as they waited patiently.

As it turned out it comes out on xbox in November 2015, pc January 2016 and then uncharted 4 May 2016. By the time it came out on ps4 later that year people were satisfied after uncharted 4 and no longer had that thirst.

Last gen they were a shame show messing up ff13 and giving 360 too many Japanese exclusives. This gen they sorted that out and i thought they had seen sense but then they went and did this. Bit them firmly on the dog.

BananaKing

So I've been wanting to make this post for a while now but I was always lazy.

But this FY I think Playstation will make absolutely crazy amounts of profit. The main reason for this is their software sales

God of War is selling insane amounts
Spidey is going to sell even more it seems
Detroit sold well and will help out
And then there is Days Gone, which if it isn't delayed, I believe can go on to sell 3-5 million in this physical year.

Now combined with software from third parties, there is black ops, red dead, AC, anthem, the division 2, battlefield, fallout 76 and you got a huge number of sales from those.

Rdr, black ops 4, fallout, battlefield, the division and anthem are all multiplayer games and will push PS+, which will reach an all time high and bring in even more profits .

And today PS classic got announced and will most likely sell a shame ton and have a high profit margin.

All in all, I think this might be PlayStation's biggest year ever profit wise .

Xevross

So I've been wanting to make this post for a while now but I was always lazy.

But this FY I think Playstation will make absolutely crazy amounts of profit. The main reason for this is their software sales

God of War is selling insane amounts
Spidey is going to sell even more it seems
Detroit sold well and will help out
And then there is Days Gone, which if it isn't delayed, I believe can go on to sell 3-5 million in this physical year.

Now combined with software from third parties, there is black ops, red dead, AC, anthem, the division 2, battlefield, fallout 76 and you got a huge number of sales from those.

Rdr, black ops 4, fallout, battlefield, the division and anthem are all multiplayer games and will push PS+, which will reach an all time high and bring in even more profits .

And today PS classic got announced and will most likely sell a shame ton and have a high profit margin.

All in all, I think this might be PlayStation's biggest year ever profit wise .
Yeah Sony will be very happy. Only thing I disagree with is Days Gone. I don't think it'll sell 3-5 million in just over a month. Zombie games are losing popularity and this one doesn't stand out too much, I think it'll hit 2-3m.

Anyway, Spidey had an insane 35% drop in Japan second week. Legs are looking superb everywhere.

BananaKing

Yeah Sony will be very happy. Only thing I disagree with is Days Gone. I don't think it'll sell 3-5 million in just over a month. Zombie games are losing popularity and this one doesn't stand out too much, I think it'll hit 2-3m.

Anyway, Spidey had an insane 35% drop in Japan second week. Legs are looking superb everywhere.
B.3.L.I.E.V.E

but seriously, i dont think the zombie genre is decreasing, i just think that there hasnt been a proper zombie game in a while. and that might be good for days gone. if its marketed right i think it can do a lot. maybe 5 million in its first month is too much coming to think about it. but 3 million and maybe even 4 is very plausible. specially if we are talking shipped.

Xevross

B.3.L.I.E.V.E

but seriously, i dont think the zombie genre is decreasing, i just think that there hasnt been a proper zombie game in a while. and that might be good for days gone. if its marketed right i think it can do a lot. maybe 5 million in its first month is too much coming to think about it. but 3 million and maybe even 4 is very plausible. specially if we are talking shipped.
Its plausible I guess. Still pretty hard to tell this far out. We're kinda used to the recent Sony games going crazy with sales, but 3-4 million in a month would still be absolutely massive. I just don't think Days Gone will reach higher than 3m.

Legend

B.3.L.I.E.V.E

Days Gone looks like it could really hit that zombie crowd. I'm thinking it could be huge too.

But I need to see the final marketing push and hype levels to be confident in it actually doing that.

Xevross

Spidey has sold over 550k just physically in just the UK, Spain and Japan alone so far. I feel like 5m+ WW in the first two weeks is almost certain. Man I can't wait for that PR.

BananaKing

Days Gone looks like it could really hit that zombie crowd. I'm thinking it could be huge too.

But I need to see the final marketing push and hype levels to be confident in it actually doing that.
The thing is I can see this being a big success without a lot of Interest of the core market. The more casual market can push it to success, as the zombie genre attracts those.

Sony just needs to market this right, and the game of course has to be good. From what I seen I like it, and so far it seems it's attracted the Interest of the wider marker.

darkknightkryta

I don't think Days Gone will sell super well.   I'm with the 3 million crowd.  @Legend make the bet thread.

DerNebel

Nah, Days Gone will definitely top 3 million, Im certain of that. We might not hear of it though, because of how Sony reports sales

Legend

I don't think Days Gone will sell super well.   I'm with the 3 million crowd.  @Legend make the bet thread.
It's too early for a sales bet! We'd forget the thread existed by the time the game came out  ::)

Dr. Pezus

Where did you see the Spain Spidey sales?

DerNebel

Would be great if Sony finally released that dang Spidey PR  ;D

Legend

Maybe it sold poorly? /s

Xevross

Where did you see the Spain Spidey sales?
On Era, Spain always have numbers in their charts. It sold okay in Spain, nothing special but still.

Well GOW PR was released on a thursday morning (europe morning), so maybe only 12 hours away.

Go Up