Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

I  expect more from a game made by 1000 people wtf.

darkknightkryta

I  expect more from a game made by 1000 people wtf.
Factory model in gaming only really works for art assets.  Even then you still need a local team to modify the assets.  I don't think Ubisoft understands that you can't factory model coding.  Ubisoft thinks you can factory model coding leading to 5 studios working on a few parts of the game.  This leads to a huge mess in debugging and wasted resources.

Legend

Xevross

GTA V is now the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. : xboxone

Some of the numbers at the source are questionable but still.
It probably is by quite a long way, so the specifics don't really matter anyway.

Dr. Pezus

GTA V is now the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. : xboxone

Some of the numbers at the source are questionable but still.
Yeah the LTD numbers there are most likely rough estimates (based on chertz? Hopefully not). Still, they're probably in the ballpark, and 90m is so far above anything else AAA ever that it doesn't matter lol.

It even outsold Wii Sports by a huge margin, a bundled game with a 100m+ selling system.

the-pi-guy

Yeah the LTD numbers there are most likely rough estimates (based on chertz? Hopefully not). Still, they're probably in the ballpark, and 90m is so far above anything else AAA ever that it doesn't matter lol.

It even outsold Wii Sports by a huge margin, a bundled game with a 100m+ selling system.
Take 2 announced the LTD numbers.  

Xevross

Yeah as Pi said GTAV lifetime sales are announced every 3 months and it is correct.

$6bn is probably a low ball honestly. GTAV has been full price most of its life, and GTA Online rakes it in.

the-pi-guy

Article says $6 billion is excluding micro transactions.  

Dr. Pezus

Take 2 announced the LTD numbers.  
I mean for the other games

Yeah as Pi said GTAV lifetime sales are announced every 3 months and it is correct.

$6bn is probably a low ball honestly. GTAV has been full price most of its life, and GTA Online rakes it in.
See above

the-pi-guy

I mean for the other games
See above
What other games?

I don't see anything in the article making comparisons, just making a safe assumption that it sold more.  

Dr. Pezus

What other games?
Did nobody here read the article lol? The games they use for comparison (like CoD games)

the-pi-guy

Did nobody here read the article lol? The games they use for comparison (like CoD games)
I didn't go three articles in.  :p

Xevross

Article says $6 billion is excluding micro transactions.  
Oh well then that has to be wrong. It'll have definitely sold less than $60 on average.

Dr. Pezus

I didn't go three articles in.  :p

This is what I was talking about! Thought @Legend was doing the same

Go Up