Microsoft VERSE Sony @ GAMESCOM: Discuss!!!!

Started by Legend, Aug 12, 2014, 09:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

did I miss any other big news in the summary text?

Don't think so

ethomaz

did I miss any other big news in the summary text?

Yeap.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Announced is a new game

mustacheman

So what did you think about both conference? Please don't hide your opinion from us.

It is as I said before. Both conferences were really good; and whilst the Sony conference had the wider array of reveals and news, they didn't have anything major to me like QB or TR.

So it's difficult to seperate them

7H3

why did you spoiler that?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

Both conferences were really good and enjoyable in their own way. Can't we just enjoy them both?

MS' bored me, so no :Ð

Xevross

Yeap.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Announced is a new game

lol, so it appears to be 17 new games announced at Sony v 1 at Microsoft. Although I am guessing that the games shown for PS4 haven't released on PC yet while they have for XB1 (including the indie montages). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

7H3

I only counted 10 new game announcements on sony side... what did I miss?

Legend

Microsoft was average the whole time.

Sony started out amazing but became average pretty quik.

Microsoft's best thing was TR.

Sony's best thing was... eh the opening video?

Those are my thoughts.

Riderz1337

It is as I said before. Both conferences were really good; and whilst the Sony conference had the wider array of reveals and news, they didn't have anything major to me like QB or TR.

Bloodborne isn't major? Dafuq is this kid on??
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Some of those Sony games were already announced and just had reveals today, such as volume.

Xevross

I agree with you on this but I think most of MS's conference was just giving further details about what we already know and going over games people know loads about already. QB gameplay and TR announcement were and Screamride were the only new things or surprises. Most things in Sony's show were knew, so it was always interesting and surprising.

Xevross

I only counted 10 new game announcements on sony side... what did I miss?

The indie montage, that had 8 games and I didn't count tearaway because its technically already out and I meant completely new games

ethomaz

Aug 12, 2014, 10:27 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 PM by ethomaz

I'm glad you liked then... I don't thing MS conference was bad but in a PR perspective they again did a bad job... and it is something easy to predict and train the responses before the conference to the reporters didn't make them look like bullshiting.

This is a issue since early last year.

About games (what matters after all) they showed nothing new... the QB was a cold water and the game is locking generic after this show... Halo is what I expected (cool and fun), Forza Horizon is not my style (DriveClub is neither), Tomb Raider is the biggest megaton of the event but lost the wow factor due the bad PR... the others games was all known and expected.

MS is playing the catch here and I expected more from them... E3 same.

Mostly games are holidays 2015 and between that we have a lack of titles to Xbox One.

That is how I felt their conference.

Edit - I forgot Screamride... kill me I don't like Platinum's gameplay.

7H3

I think the coolest thing announced what a release date for share play! I know this was announced before ps4 launched but man can't wait for that feature

Raven

We can enjoy them both, but we can compare them too. I'm not asking which was better.

That's the thing about opinions, too. People aren't required to enjoy what they didn't enjoy just for the sake of not offending someone or pretending to not have a personal bias. I'm not going to pretend that I thought Microsoft had a good conference because I don't honestly believe they did. Their E3 conference was way better even though I personally felt it fell short of the hype surrounding it. Hype most definitely assisted by Microsoft.

Nearly their entire Gamescom conference consisted of games we already knew about. They announced one actual new exclusive and announced what is looking increasingly like timed exclusivity of the next Tomb Raider. Everything else was basically bundles, DLC, and games previously announced. Sony's conference didn't blow my mind or anything but it was definitely filled with more new games and actual exclusives. Not to mention the announcement of Share Play, something Sony had talked about doing back during their reveal event, which once again ignites the debate of whether it is Sony or Microsoft who is truly innovating in the system UI space. Microsoft's conference felt like a reminder at a time when they desperately need new material while Sony introduced new material where they could have easily just reminded us.

Go Up