Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Apr 10, 2018, 10:26 AM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 10:28 AM by Xevross
Solo trailer makes the film look like great fun. Even if its not that good, it'll still be an enjoyable watch at least.

A Quiet Place is doing incredibly well at the box office. Already made way more than its budget in the first weekend.

Black Panther is still performing strongly and has reached 1.3bn WW. TLJ's total is looking pretty toast now, Black Panther needs $32m more and is looking to get at least another $25m in North America alone.

Dr. Pezus

Apr 10, 2018, 11:14 AM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 11:18 AM by Dr. Pezus
Solo trailer makes the film look like great fun. Even if its not that good, it'll still be an enjoyable watch at least.

A Quiet Place is doing incredibly well at the box office. Already made way more than its budget in the first weekend.

Black Panther is still performing strongly and has reached 1.3bn WW. TLJ's total is looking pretty toast now, Black Panther needs $32m more and is looking to get at least another $25m in North America alone.
Will crawl to 1.5b AS PREDICTED

Also, dream debut for John Krasinski. Great reviews and an amazing opening

Legend

Infinity War
Ant Man 2

What is the next marvel movie after that? Seems like they'd kinda want to take a short break so infinity war doesn't share the spotlight.

Xevross

Infinity War
Ant Man 2

What is the next marvel movie after that? Seems like they'd kinda want to take a short break so infinity war doesn't share the spotlight.
Captain Marvel, March next year.

Avengers 4 is then after that in May, Spiderman 2 in July.

Legend

Purported Photos from Live-Action Detective Pikachu Film Circulated | ResetEra

Photos are circulating online that appear to be shots from the set of Rob Letterman's Detective Pikachu live-action film starring Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith , Ken Watanabe, and Kathryn Newton. The photos show extras dressed in Pikachu and Snorlax outfits as well as green-screen suits.Click to expand...
More at theLink. Photos:(​IMG)(​IMG) 
What...?

the-pi-guy

Purported Photos from Live-Action Detective Pikachu Film Circulated | ResetEra

More at theLink. Photos:(​IMG)(​IMG)  

What...?
I have no idea what's going on here.  

What I think is happening can only be explained by drugs.  

Don't do drugs kids.  

Xevross

Apr 11, 2018, 10:17 PM Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018, 10:21 PM by Xevross

Jesus H. Christ.

That includes Black Panther, which opened at $200m, Civil War which opened at $180m and five more films. TFA's opening weekend record seems like its going to fall, and the next few days after that are probably selling out as well.

Edit: also don't forget that Black Panther had the highest pre sales of any MCU film ever. Infinity War has already surpassed that, and then some, with over 2 weeks to go.

Dr. Pezus

Jesus H. Christ.

That includes Black Panther, which opened at $200m, Civil War which opened at $180m and five more films. TFA's opening weekend record seems like its going to fall, and the next few days after that are probably selling out as well.

Edit: also don't forget that Black Panther had the highest pre sales of any MCU film ever. Infinity War has already surpassed that, and then some, with over 2 weeks to go.
Holy crud.

I predict 3B globally

Xevross

Holy crud.

I predict 3B globally
Lol what is it with you and predicting massive numbers.

Its going to have a crazy opening but relatively poor legs imo. I think it will fall around the 1.6-1.8 billion range.

Dr. Pezus

Lol what is it with you and predicting massive numbers.

Its going to have a crazy opening but relatively poor legs imo. I think it will fall around the 1.6-1.8 billion range.
Haha kind of kidding. Want to see records broken though.

Revising to 2.5B as long as it's dang good

Xevross

I think it will take the domestic opening record and that's about it. WW opening record is impossible for any Disney film due to late China openings.

If it is a really good film then $2b+ is possible for sure. And maybe at a super stretch it has a crack at TFA's domestic total record.

Legend

If you want to see records broken, just wait for Avatar 2 in 2036.

I bet Infinity War will be very similar to the first Avengers*inflation. Cross overs are way more common now but Marvel has grown larger and this has been talked about for a long time.

$1.6 billion is my ballpark guess.

Xevross

If you want to see records broken, just wait for Avatar 2 in 2036.

I bet Infinity War will be very similar to the first Avengers*inflation. Cross overs are way more common now but Marvel has grown larger and this has been talked about for a long time.

$1.6 billion is my ballpark guess.
Avatar 2 is not going to set any records.

Dr. Pezus

Avatar 2 is not going to set any records.
Yeah lol I doubt it will unless it has something really groundbreaking

the-pi-guy

Holy crud.

I predict 3B globally
Silly Pezus, 3B isn't a number.

Go Up