The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Can't believe devs spend all these resources on trees!  No wonder they have budgeting problems!  /s

Dr. Pezus

Is Fortnite BR surprise GOTY? Ign just gave it 9.6!

Legend

Is Fortnite BR surprise GOTY? Ign just gave it 9.6!
Maybe for 2017. It released last September.

Dr. Pezus

Time flies! I'm sure some sites will mention it though  since it really took off this year I think

Xevross

I think its still in early access though, no? Or is that just the main game now. If it is then it can be GOTY this year.

the-pi-guy

Yeah it's considered early access right now.  

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it's considered early access right now.  
Just like Sea of Thieves. They're targeting GOTY 2019

Dr. Pezus

So No Man's Sky is coming to XB1 this summer

Xevross

I thought it was already on xb1  :o

Legend

My condolences for Xbox One owners.

the-pi-guy

Legend

It Sounds Like No Man's Sky Really Is Getting VR Support Soon
I disagree.

NMS "spoiler" for something outside the game.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>NMS takes place in a simulation. This looks to be teasing with the fact that the game itself is virtual reality within the game&#39;s lore, not that the PS4 game will support VR. Morpheus was the PSVR codename but it&#39;s even more well known as Morpheus from the Matrix, a movie all about living in a simulated reality.<br><br>The update sounds like it&#39;ll have more things about what the simulation is.<br>

Legend

Kevin Pereira's TheAttack banned from Twitch for Viewbotting | ResetEra

(​IMG)https://www.theattack.tv/https://www.twitch.tv/theattack
The Attack is a live web broadcast on Twitch hosted by Alex Corea. It was created by (and formerly cohosted by) Kevin Pereira. The show's format is loosely based on Attack of the Show. The show is currently on hiatus, but when it's on it runs Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 4pm Pacific. The Attack is community funded by way of Patreon, Twitch subscriptions, and direct donations.Click to expand...

Legend

Prey 2 (Human Head) Prototype Footage | ResetEra

Aaaaaaaand now I'm sad. :(Edit: THAT IS THE SECOND TIME YOU CHANGE MY TITLES WITHOUT PERMISSION MODS! THIRD TIME AND I'LL THROW A HISSY FIT! :P  

Legend

Boss Key Productions is moving on from Lawbreakers | ResetEra

http://bosskey.com/news/uncategorized/april-2018-studio-statement/ TLDR: -Game failed to find an audience -A lot of work required to switch it to F2P (unclear if its coming but it sounds like it wont be soon) -Will continue to be supported in 'current state' -Studio is moving on to new projects Full statement
LawBreakers Community, It has been a while since we said anything about LawBreakers. With that, the past four months at Boss Key Productions has been especially trying, as we pride ourselves at being communicative and transparent. So here is the very real truth, which may not come as a surprise. The fact is LawBreakers failed to find enough of an audience to generate the funds necessary to keep it sustained in the manner we had originally planned for and anticipated. And while a pivot to free-to-play may seem like easiest change to make, a change of this magnitude takes publishing planning and resources to do it. The team here has worked hard on this game over the past three and a half years and our studio is determined to give this game the second life it deserves. However, between now and then, we cannot sit idle. We will continue to support the game in its current state, but we also need to focus on other projects with fresh creative leaders. We have been working on something new and we can't wait to share more about it! It's a passion project that we're in complete control of. Thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience. Boss Key ProductionsClick to expand...
Sad to see hard work of so many people not pay off but the game just failed on every level to market itself and appeal to an audience. Edit: Updated post to clarify and correct summary  

Go Up