Recent Posts

Pages 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Gaming Community / Good franchises that were canc...
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 09:35 PM
There's a new rumor that Watch Dogs is dead, because Legion was a failure. Which seems like a big shame, because the franchise had an interesting premise.
Game News Discussion / Re: Zuckerberg: Opening up Met...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 08:08 PM
Good progress. Don't think I'd want a 3rd party headset though.
Off-Topic Community / Which sci fi tech came faster ...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 08:02 PM
As a kid in the 90s and early 2000s video calling felt like some far off thing that'd never actually become common. I could only imagine weird home phones with tvs stuck in your wall. Then of course smartphones took over and became the obvious solution.

On the opposite end, I really expected humanoid robots two decades ago.
Sony's humanoid robot learns how to jog

Sony had the great qrio robot that was pretty close to going on sale for only a few thousand dollars. They made it look so intelligent and capable, yet a lot of that was highly exaggerated for marketing.
Game News Discussion / Zuckerberg: Opening up Meta Ho...
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 06:45 PM
- Releasing OS
- partnering with Lenovo, Asus, Xbox
- Opening up OS - talks about Xbox store, Google's app store, Steam on Horizon OS.

Zuck's Instagram

GamesIndustry.biz

First, the company said that it will make the operating system behind the Meta Quest headsets, Meta Horizon OS, available to other companies to create third-party hardware.

It already has a handful of partners on board to make headsets, with ASUS Republic of Gamers creating "an all-new performance gaming headset," while Lenovo designs one optimized for productivity and entertainment.
Meta also said it will create a limited-edition Meta Quest headset "inspired by Xbox," and Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg suggested in an Instagram post that one could make a VR headset bundled with an Xbox controller and Game Pass so players could play on a virtual big screen TV wherever they happened to be.
Meta is also opening up the Quest more on the software side of things, saying it will make it possible for Quest owners to play content from other storefronts, like Steam, Xbox, and potentially Google Play.

Off-Topic Community / Re: Movie Thread
Last post by BananaKing - Yesterday at 06:14 PM
Ehhhh seems.... Ehhhh... Hugh Jackman really should have let Logan be the last wolverine role/movie he did. It ended on such a high. Now it will end on such a low.
Game News Discussion / Re: Embracer |OT|
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 05:34 PM
What a failure of a company. Go from FU money to this in just a few years.

The split doesn't sound too bad, hopefully things start improving for them.
Off-Topic Community / Re: Movie Thread
Last post by nnodley - Yesterday at 04:01 PM
Game News Discussion / Re: Embracer |OT|
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 02:46 PM
Embracer to split into 3 companies

Asmodee,a global leading tabletop games publisher and distributor with an extensive studio network and IP catalogue.
Net Sales of SEK 14.8 billion and Adjusted EBIT of SEK 1.9 billion on a pro forma basis as per LTM[2] December 2023

"Coffee Stain & Friends", a diverse gaming entity with a dual focus on indie and A/AA premium and free-to-play games for PC/console and mobile, with a high degree of recurring revenues.
Net Sales of SEK 10.9 billion, Adjusted EBIT of SEK 2.8 billion on a pro forma basis as per LTM December 2023.

"Middle-earth Enterprises & Friends", a creative powerhouse in AAA game development and publishing for PC and console, as well as the stewards of The Lord of the Rings and Tomb Raider intellectual properties, among many others.
Net Sales SEK of 14.1 billion, Adjusted EBIT SEK 2.0 billion on a pro forma basis as per LTM December 2023.
Off-Topic Community / Re: consoles are like really c...
Last post by Legend - Apr 21, 2024, 06:39 PM
I guess pants inflation is the real thing we should have been watching.
Off-Topic Community / consoles are like really cheap...
Last post by kitler53 - Apr 21, 2024, 06:34 PM
drive by topic but ...

shopping for new dress pants and it seems $300-$600 is the going rate.  so the same or more than for a console.  ...for pants.  

fudge this I'll do my conference naked.
Pages 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10