100/100. Which Games Deserve the Perfect Score?

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Apr 18, 2018, 11:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Apr 23, 2018, 03:31 PM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2018, 03:34 PM by Xevross
God of War has made me reflect on this further. And its made me realise this is even more complicated than I first thought.

I was thinking about GoW vs. TLOU. I think both of them are incredible games. GoW is better than TLOU in a large number of ways for me like level design, combat, dialogue, amount of content. TLOU is only better than GoW for story/ narrative I think. Yet I wouldn't sat TLOU is worse, because it had a massive impact on me, and the story was just dang incredible.

Also GoW has a couple clear areas I'd improve (like boss fights), whereas I don't think I'd want to change TLOU in any way. I don't see how you could improve TLOU for what it is. The Last of Us is closer to perfection for the type of game it set out to be, but I like the style of game of GoW more and hence I like GoW more. (This is mainly action vs. stealth combat, I greatly prefer action). plus you add in that GoW is at least 3x more content than TLOU single player, and which do you score better?

I'd probably score them about the same. But scores definitely don't tell the full picture.

TL:DR The Last of Us is closer to perfection than Gow but I still like GoW more, how do scores reflect that?