Linked Events

Go Down

Raven

May 22, 2014, 01:56 AM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2015, 10:44 PM by Legend

Release Date: February 20, 2015

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: Ready At Dawn

Publisher: Sony

This is a community thread to discuss all things The Order: 1886. Please try to stay on topic. Information about the game will be added to the OP as it becomes available. News, interviews, screenshots, and videos are all welcome!

- Single-player only. No co-op or multiplayer.
- Set in an alternate timeline of Victorian London.
- Linear. Some areas to explore but you still move from A to B the way the developers want you to.
- Weapons are made believable for the time period even if a little fantastic at times.
- Scripted melee moments that play out in quick time events. More than just simple button presses.
- You play as Galahad, the leader of a 4-man team.
- Enemies will be human rebels, 'werewolf-like' hybrids, and possibly vampires.
- Touchpad is used to perform morse code to communicate with airships.
- Envisioned as a franchise from the beginning.

Dr. Pezus

Sweet baby jesus!

7H3

meh i'll only buy it on discount via psn store or on the cheap @ GS used

If it had co-op this would be the GOTG
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

This game is such an unknown.

I'm really hyped, but I'm worried it'll be all flash and no show. Seeing extended gameplay would help, but it's really just a problem of the game feeling so different than what the studio has made in the past.

the-pi-guy

This game is such an unknown.

I'm really hyped, but I'm worried it'll be all flash and no show. Seeing extended gameplay would help, but it's really just a problem of the game feeling so different than what the studio has made in the past.

I'm in the exact same boat.  Really excited, this might be a game that I love to death or it might be a meh game. 

Raven

There are one too many firsts for Ready At Dawn on this game to not be cautious. First original IP and first console game they built from scratch.

DD_Bwest

So much talk about a delay today :(  really hope its not a big one. still crossing my fingers for a november release.

apparently some embargo lifts on tuesday.

7H3

I thought the big news was supposed to be a hype thing? Perhaps the did add a co-op?

BananaKing

So much talk about a delay today :(  really hope its not a big one. still crossing my fingers for a november release.

apparently some embargo lifts on tuesday.

both shinobi and famous said its a 2015 tittle. fudge you sony, 20 games and 12 new ips this year? yeah right.

ethomaz

both shinobi and famous said its a 2015 tittle. fudge you sony, 20 games and 12 new ips this year? yeah right.

I call 2014.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/23/revolution-will-televised/

BTW Shinobi never said 2015... to be fair it didn't said anything about dates.

ethomaz

Ops... Previews is coming today confirmed Eurogamer.

;)

So Shinobi was wrong about the embargo date.

7H3

were those all supposed to be first party titles? We've had how many so far? Killzone, knack, MLB The Show, inFamous Second Son, Drive Club(soon), and what else?

ethomaz

were those all supposed to be first party titles? We've had how many so far? Killzone, knack, MLB The Show, inFamous Second Son, Drive Club(soon), and what else?

Well the games exclusives announced to PS4 published by SCE.

NEW Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
NEW Resogun
NEW Rime
NEW Shadow of the Beast
NEW Knack
NEW DriveClub
NEW Deep Down
NEW The Order: 1866
NEW Gerrilha RPG
NEW Bend Game

Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Uncharted 4

I think these are the games for now.

7H3

you forgot MLB the show that is first party :P

ethomaz

you forgot MLB the show that is first party :P

I didn't list cross exclusive like The Last of Us, Helldrivers, MLB: The Show, etc... but you are right maybe Sony is counting them.

Go Up