Universal Studios developing Gears of War movie - NeoGAF

Started by Legend, Oct 06, 2016, 12:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Universal Studios developing Gears of War movie - NeoGAF

Just announced on the special livestream that a Gears of War movie is in development with Universal Studios!

Cool

Ludicrous Speed

SWORDF1SH

What's the chances of this being good? Not many good game to movie conversations out there. Probably be treated like a quick earner.

DD_Bwest

video game movies are terrible.  they dont have the time to build a relationship with the viewer and protagonists.  and the lack of control makes you feel as an observer,  rather then part of it.  they dont build that connection that we are accustomed to when we pick up a  controller and step into that world

i feel the same about tlou and im glad that one is sorta in dev hell from last i heard.  

SWORDF1SH

video game movies are terrible.  they dont have the time to build a relationship with the viewer and protagonists.  and the lack of control makes you feel as an observer,  rather then part of it.  they dont build that connection that we are accustomed to when we pick up a  controller and step into that world

i feel the same about tlou and im glad that one is sorta in dev hell from last i heard.  
I'm a Sucker for the Mortal Kombat movies, I love them but I know they are terrible films.

DD_Bwest

I'm a Sucker for the Mortal Kombat movies, I love them but I know they are terrible films.
haha same, but im also a fan of terrible movies lol   the first mk movie is a classsic

but it terms of quality.. they are essentially made for tv movies lol

alot of vg movies tho try to go big busget and try hard and fail miserably,  without even having that amatuer feel to it.

the-pi-guy

Eh, that's all true for all movies.  It's one of the reasons why i think gaming is the best form of media.  Those kinds of things can make movie type experiences translate even better for games.  But it isn't something I'd mark against movies and especially noy for why game movie translations usually suck.  

Aura7541

Which is why I tend to prefer games adapted into shows rather than movies. Tales of Zestiria is a very recent example that has a really good anime adaptation. In fact, the animation does a better job telling the story than the game :P