Todd Howard blames Sony for no cross play in Fallout 76

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 30, 2018, 03:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Jul 05, 2018, 02:33 PM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2018, 02:56 PM by ethomaz
Everyone says this but if it's optional like Ethomaz and people want, then it can make things worse. The players go from being split up as Xbox and PlayStation to Xbox, PlayStation, and Xbox+PlayStation. Someone with crossplay enabled yet not required will probably have an easier time finding matches, while someone requiring crossplay will maybe have a worse time depending on system+defaults, and someone with it disabled is guaranteed to have a worse time finding matches. It's incredibly dependent on how the system is set up and how large each match is.
?

Finding matches is faster in SFV with PC crossplay disabled... there is less lag and cheaters too.

SFV crossplay is a good example of why I did not support this feature.

People will talk about online active players for smaller games... if a game is having matchmaking issues due the size of the playebase it will have even with Crossplay PS and Xbox because both active player base combined will be low yet.

Why devs didn't make interesting and engaging online experiences to make the player didn't want left the game at first place? Put resources in better online matches instead crossplay that won't fix the issue of small online active players.

Smaller active player base will surfer with or without corssplay.... the difference will be like it will die today or tomorrow.

Crossplay is like somebody trying to combine two big shows... one Country music and other Rock music... thinking he will get more people watching the show when in fact you will have more people will you have two separated shows with each one number of fans.

Like I said... let's the devs (small or big) be hit by the sales of their games to see crossplay is dumb from the beginning.

Talking about consumer only Crossplay add more issues to my gaming life than make it better... in fact it doesn't make anything better... it is really a useless feature imo to play games.

It's weird how this has become such a big issue even though nothing has really changed. Rocket League was one of the first games pushing for it, but I wonder if the movement could be traced back to something earlier.

I wonder if it'll result in Sony putting more resources into BC or other features that could help get the heat off them.
It is already heat off I guess... Spider-man is coming too... while Sony output successful games these small features doesn't matter.