Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer (Nomura Is No Longer Directing)

Started by ethomaz, Sep 18, 2014, 01:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Looks incredible.

Could this be the first FF I play?

No, no. That's 9.

Dr. Pezus

Sure it did.  This game was supposed to be Nomura's time to shine in the Final Fantasy space and be his reward for his hard work.  They then gave his "spot" so to speak to Toriyama instead.  Toriyama pretty much destroyed the franchise.  How was Nomura reward for his hard work instead?  Had his entire dev team raided by Toriyama and then he was taken away from his Final Fantasy.  Kick in the balls if you ask me.

"Hard work"?? This game has taken at least 8 years to release. SE clearly needed to make some changes

darkknightkryta

Sep 18, 2014, 06:52 PM Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014, 06:54 PM by darkknightkryta

"Hard work"?? This game has taken at least 8 years to release. SE clearly needed to make some changes

I mean his work on Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 7 onwards. His "reward" was playing second fiddle to Toriyama. A director who's only work was doing the battle system for Final Fantasy X-2. When you had Nomura who directed 2 Kingdom Heart games and has a good track record for his work. The majority of his dev team was raided to work on Final Fantasy 13 and probably Lightning Returns. The game not being ready for 8 years is entirely Kitase and Wada's battleship politics in the company's fault.

Max King of the Wild

Crisis Core and Type-0 are the worst ffs?
FfX-2 and FF13/2/LR

the-pi-guy

FfX-2 and FF13/2/LR

You are thinking of Toriyama. 
This is Tabata.  He did these games.   

Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-   Director
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-   Director
Final Fantasy Type-0   Director, Scenario Designer
Final Fantasy XV   Director
Final Fantasy Agito   Producer

darkknightkryta

You are thinking of Toriyama. 
This is Tabata.  He did these games.   

Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-   Director
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-   Director
Final Fantasy Type-0   Director, Scenario Designer
Final Fantasy XV   Director
Final Fantasy Agito   Producer

Yeah, I suspected as much.

the-pi-guy

Legend should play something other than FFXV first. 

7H3

I don't think one needs to play any previous FF games at all in order to enjoy any other version... for the most part each one is its own game with its own lore and world
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BasilZero

FfX-2 and FF13/2/LR

The new director worked on Crisis Core and Type-0 though so hopefully he can pick up on the slack.

darkknightkryta

The new director worked on Crisis Core and Type-0 though so hopefully he can pick up on the slack.

I think Max thought that Toriyama was directing this game, not Tabata

Raven

I seriously hope SE never lets Toriyama work on another game ever again.

BasilZero

Sep 19, 2014, 05:27 AM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2014, 05:31 AM by BasilZero

Legend should play something other than FFXV first.

In terms of starting

Old school  wise = FF1 and 2 Dawn of Souls (GBA) or FF1 Anniversary/FF2 Anniversary on PSP

2D wise = FFIV or FFVI (go retro SNES or PSX versions - avoid all others except for the PSP version of FFIV)

3D wise = FFVII or FFIX

Or you can try FFX/X-2 HD but warning it is linear in design dungeon wise and such - not that it is a issue - the presentation, OST, characters and gameplay system make up for it.

I would recommend XII if you loved MMOs but dont want to spend hours and subscription monies. XII was drop dead gorgeous (when I bought it back day 1 :P).

XIII/XIII-2 (cant say much about LR since I dont own it) are pretty good although I enjoyed XIII-2's gameplay system especially with the use of monsters as allies although I felt the cast of characters were weaker in a sense although FFXIII's character cast isnt so praise worthy (aside from Sazh of course).

----------

In comparison I started the FF series with FFIV back when it was known as FFII when I first rented it in 1993. My first actual purchase of the series wouldnt be until 2003 when I bought both FFIX and FFX when I bought my first playstation: PS2 :O - but I did play FFIV, FFV and FFVI beforehand the SNES versions of course.

Oh ya here's my current FF Score rating list :P

Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA): 83
Final Fantasy I Dawn of Souls (GBA): 82
Final Fantasy I Anniversary (PSP): 85
Final Fantasy II Dawn of Souls (GBA): 83
Final Fantasy II Anniversary (PSP): 85
Final Fantasy III (NES): 80
Final Fantasy IV (PSP): 94
Final Fantasy IV After Years/Prologue (PSP): 88
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP): 91
Final Fantasy VI (SNES): 95
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP): 93
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): 88
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3): 86
Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP): 100
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (PSP): 96
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX): 94
Bravely Default (3DS): 95

^ There's other games I finished in the series - but I only started rating after 2010 but ya these are all the FF games I played starting in 2010 :P

daredevil.shark

Read it at twitter.

Worth noting - the Directors who've left a main-line FF game in progress in the past have all been gone from SE in general within 24 months.

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/512426108109991937
Greatness awaits #4theplayers

daredevil.shark

TBH trailer looks beautiful but the world has no soul in it. Its a futuristic world with big creatures. I dont get it why people follow "brand names" instead of quality games.
Greatness awaits #4theplayers

Raven

Read it at twitter.

Worth noting - the Directors who've left a main-line FF game in progress in the past have all been gone from SE in general within 24 months.

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/512426108109991937

How many of those directors were working on two big projects simultaneously, though?

Go Up