previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Legend

Nooooo!

The twitter guy was really him I guess.

Xevross

Sony is doomed again :'(

Dr. Pezus

Remarkable how he much he managed to turn things around. Sony is back to being a huge profitable company, from being domed with huge losses every year. Every division is profitable for Sony now.

ethomaz

This move was planed when he got in the position... it did a great job to the company.

Dr. Pezus

This move was planed when he got in the position... it did a great job to the company.
To step down in 2018 or when he had turned things around?

ethomaz

To step down in 2018 or when he had turned things around?
The 2018 step down... he said years ago that the plan was to him  step down after the company get on track with five years.

Legend

Any idea who will replace him?

the-pi-guy

Any idea who will replace him?
It's in the article, but I was too lazy on mobile to put it in:

Kenichiro Yoshida will take over as president and CEO.

Here's what you need to know:
After leading Sony through a recovery since 2012, Kazuo Hirai will step down to become chairman of the Tokyo-based company. Yoshida, 58, is highly regarded for his role in bringing financial discipline after years of losses from consumer electronics. The pair have steered the Japanese company to recovery, with projections for record full-year earnings this fiscal year.

Hirai brought Yoshida into the top ranks from the internet services unit in November 2013 and half a year later appointed him as CFO and his right-hand man. Yoshida used the mandate to cut jobs, sell off Sony's iconic Vaio personal-computer business, spin out its TV set unit and rein in the company's destructive market share ambitions in smartphones.
Sony's New CEO Is Kenichiro Yoshida. Here's What You Should Know | Fortune

Yoshida, 58, who has been Hirai's right-hand man over the years, told investors he planned to "build on the business foundations established by" his friend while executing "further reform measures that enhance" Sony's "competitiveness as a global enterprise."

Although he did not provide specifics, Yoshida said he would lay out his full plan when he officially takes the top job in April.

Sony names CFO Kenichiro Yoshida as new president | New York Post

Legend

It's in the article, but I was too lazy on mobile to put it in:
Who has time to read  :P

Sounds good though. Shouldn't be too large of a change for the company as a whole. Hopefully playstation stays a focus.

the-pi-guy

Who has time to read  :P
I included a picture

Dr. Pezus