General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Going to get my tv after work! Bestbuy put the sony 900e on sale today. Which means i dont have to rush for blackfriday.

Dr. Pezus

Going to London in less than 2 weeks  ;D

the-pi-guy

You could see Xev. :o

Xevross

You could see Xev. :o
:o
Have you been before?

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Sometimes people complain about a story and it's really confusing to me why certain aspects are issues to them.  Like especially plot holes.  Sometimes people complaining that everything is answer for them and other times they complain there's something that was left unanswered.  And sometimes the answer seems really obvious to me and I don't feel it needs to be answered.  

the-pi-guy

Today had about 4 times as many posts as yesterday.  

Xevross

Today had about 4 times as many posts as yesterday.  
Black friday sales reports can do that :D

Legend

Sometimes people complain about a story and it's really confusing to me why certain aspects are issues to them.  Like especially plot holes.  Sometimes people complaining that everything is answer for them and other times they complain there's something that was left unanswered.  And sometimes the answer seems really obvious to me and I don't feel it needs to be answered.  
Plot holes really annoy me in serious stories. They basically feel like the writer was lazy and didn't care about the overall story itself. They want a scene or event to happen so they make that scene or event happen regardless of how their universe/characters are set up.

They often coincide with the story leaving out information but for me they're separate things.

the-pi-guy

Plot holes really annoy me in serious stories. They basically feel like the writer was lazy and didn't care about the overall story itself. They want a scene or event to happen so they make that scene or event happen regardless of how their universe/characters are set up.

They often coincide with the story leaving out information but for me they're separate things.
But do you ever disagree with what's a plot hole? 

Like someone is complaining that X was never explained, even though you felt it was clearly explained? 

Or they are complaining about something that might not even make sense to add?
Something like that. 

Xevross

I look forward to them every year and the yogscast christmas livestreams are off again, and its been great so far.

Over $270k raised in 27 mins and its still flying up, insane.

Legend

But do you ever disagree with what's a plot hole?  

Like someone is complaining that X was never explained, even though you felt it was clearly explained?  

Or they are complaining about something that might not even make sense to add?
Something like that.  
Sure I sometimes disagree but it's still the movie/story's fault for not showing it better.

Like in lotr how everyone jokes about how they should have just used the eagles to get there. The movie should have explained why that wouldn't work.

I often disagree when people sugest adding stuff. The problem may be real but that doesn't mean they know how to fix it.

Legend

My home phone hasn't worked for months. Started up again a few days ago and the spam sucks :P

Dr. Pezus

My home phone hasn't worked for months. Started up again a few days ago and the spam sucks :P
I don't have a home phone

Go Up