TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

"She was meant to be a one-off character": Bruce Timm Can't Believe 1 Original Batman: TAS Villainess Got So Popular Even Men Started Dressing up as Her

So apparently, Harley Quinn was supposed to be just a random one-off character for the Batman Animated Series.

I thought this was a little funny to read, as she's now probably one of DCs most popular characters.

Legend

Yeah at this point I think she's more popular than the joker.

the-pi-guy

The Better Call Saul blu-ray picture quality is pretty incredible.

Watching the first episode of The Wire and it's not as good.

the-pi-guy

Monk is on Netflix. Not that I need it, but it's a much higher quality version than the peacock version.

Peacock was definitely SD, Netflix is HD. Although I don't know that it's the same remaster as the Kino Lorber ones that are being put on Blu-ray.

Very curiously, I just found out that the Netflix one accidentally includes a deleted scene in the second episode. The scene breaks the episode. But I'm assuming that means that someone else did the remaster. Because the scene does not appear to be included in the Kino Lorber season 1, either in the episode or as a special feature.

Legend

Monk is on Netflix. Not that I need it, but it's a much higher quality version than the peacock version.

Peacock was definitely SD, Netflix is HD. Although I don't know that it's the same remaster as the Kino Lorber ones that are being put on Blu-ray.

Very curiously, I just found out that the Netflix one accidentally includes a deleted scene in the second episode. The scene breaks the episode. But I'm assuming that means that someone else did the remaster. Because the scene does not appear to be included in the Kino Lorber season 1, either in the episode or as a special feature.

I wish Hulu was hd streaming. Shogun has such a poor bitrate at times.

Anyway I'm halfway through the Fallout tv show. It's good but not great.

Go Up