E3 2018 countdown, get hype yo

Started by Legend, Mar 06, 2018, 04:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

May 20, 2018, 03:53 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:55 AM by the-pi-guy
Never mind, it was an art thing I guess. 

Legend

Never mind, it was an art thing I guess.  
Green goblin poster?

the-pi-guy

Green goblin poster?
Chertz had a thread about a new horizon announcement, convinced it was a sequel.

Legend

I saw this game on resetera. Hopefully we can read instructions better.

EA: 0
Ubisoft: 0
Xbox: 0
Bethesda: 0
Devolver: 0
Square Enix: 0
PC: 0
PlayStation: 0
Nintendo: 0

Pick your top 2 conferences and bottom 2 conferences based off how you expect E3 to go. Give a reason and then post the new tally.

Xbox -1 cause it seems like another year like last
PC -1 cause their shows rarely have more than a few interesting moments
Devolver +1 cause it's devolver
Nintendo +1 cause they somehow have been great at E3 for 3 years in a row

New totals:
EA: 0
Xbox: -1
Bethesda: 0
Devolver: +1
PC: -1
Nintendo: +1

the-pi-guy

PC -1, I don't really like their shows anyways.  

EA -1- I don't really like sports games.  Even optimistically this will be among my least favorite.  

Nintendo +1, big games guaranteed.  Show off smash, and I'm sure something else will be shown.  

Bethesda +1, this one has more to do with how pessimistic I am about most of the other shows.  

Legend

PC -1, I don't really like their shows anyways.  

EA -1- I don't really like sports games.  Even optimistically this will be among my least favorite.  

Nintendo +1, big games guaranteed.  Show off smash, and I'm sure something else will be shown.  

Bethesda +1, this one has more to do with how pessimistic I am about most of the other shows.  
New totals:
EA: -1
Xbox: -1
Bethesda: +1
PC: -2
Nintendo: +2

DerNebel

EA -1: They have absolutely terrible conferences, every year.

MS -1: They have been completely mediocre this entire generation and I see no reason why that would change this year.

Sony +1: Even without any big 1st party surprises, Sony looks to have the most exciting showing, Aside from them I don't expect this to be a particularly interesting E3 year.

Square +1: Pretty much the only other conference that even interests me this year, due the possibilities of KH3, FF7R and me still having a soft spot for Square.

Legend

EA -1: They have absolutely terrible conferences, every year.

MS -1: They have been completely mediocre this entire generation and I see no reason why that would change this year.

Sony +1: Even without any big 1st party surprises, Sony looks to have the most exciting showing, Aside from them I don't expect this to be a particularly interesting E3 year.

Square +1: Pretty much the only other conference that even interests me this year, due the possibilities of KH3, FF7R and me still having a soft spot for Square.
New totals:
EA: -2
Xbox: -2
Square Enix: +1
PlayStation: +1
Nintendo: +2

BananaKing

How I expect E3 to go for me on a personal level or in general?

Cause for example Microsoft can announce bioshock 4, resident evil 8, halo 6, gears 5, Forza 8, and team fortress 3 all exclusive to them. And I wouldn't give a rat's dog even though that would be an epic showing overall

So is the game scored catering to me or showings in general.

Legend

How I expect E3 to go for me on a personal level or in general?

Cause for example Microsoft can announce bioshock 4, resident evil 8, halo 6, gears 5, Forza 8, and team fortress 3 all exclusive to them. And I wouldn't give a rat's dog even though that would be an epic showing overall

So is the game scored catering to me or showings in general.
Personal, but you can personally like a show even if it's not a game you'll play. FF7R for example was an awesome announcement imo and I loved it, but I don't care at all about it.

Dr. Pezus

+1 Sony: This one is obvious. Even though we know about most of their upcoming games, we still haven't seen much at all from many, like TLou2, Ghost of tushima and spider-man needs to show us more villains! I do expect some surprises here too as always

+1 Nintendo: They have to announce a lot to make up for the almost complete lack of games so far in 2018. I do expect them to show Smash and announce Pokémon so that's something.

-1 Microsoft: They really don't seem to get what the gaming community wants this gen. I expect that to continue with announcements of their usual forza, halo, gears etc.

-1 Square Enix: Kingdom Hearts III is finally on the horizon but I expect not much else to be shown. FfVII remake still very far off. They take their time, but it hasn't paid off in the past 2 generations.

New totals:
Xbox: -3
PlayStation: +2
Nintendo: +3

Legend

+1 Sony: This one is obvious. Even though we know about most of their upcoming games, we still haven't seen much at all from many, like TLou2, Ghost of tushima and spider-man needs to show us more villains! I do expect some surprises here too as always

+1 Nintendo: They have to announce a lot to make up for the almost complete lack of games so far in 2018. I do expect them to show Smash and announce Pokémon so that's something.

-1 Microsoft: They really don't seem to get what the gaming community wants this gen. I expect that to continue with announcements of their usual forza, halo, gears etc.

-1 Square Enix: Kingdom Hearts III is finally on the horizon but I expect not much else to be shown. FfVII remake still very far off. They take their time, but it hasn't paid off in the past 2 generations.

New totals:
Xbox: -3
PlayStation: +2
Nintendo: +3
You did the totalling your self!!!

Dr. Pezus

You did the totalling your self!!!
I felt sorry for you after everyone else ignored it!

the-pi-guy

Woops.  I missed that line.   :-\

BananaKing

Bathesda +1: we know one thing coming from bathesda so far which is Rage 2. While I am not hyped a lot for it I do think it will add to their show. A double announcement of Starfield and Doom 5 would be amazing. A new sci-fi RPG from bathesda would cause a huge amount of hype.

Ubisoft +1: I'm extremely excited for beyond good and evil. And since last year's E3 I been wanting to see more and more of it. It's extremely ambitious and interesting. Skull and Bones will be there too and I want more of that as well. I hope they announce something unexpected too.

PC -1: their shows always suck. Simple as that

Square -1: I don't expect to see the avengers project at this E3. And if it did, don't expect it any time soon. These are the Devs who announced KH3 before the gen even fudgy started and it still didn't release. Ohh and another Tomb Raider... Eh... Yay?

Go Up