Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Not going to happen. The devs already have their hands full just trying to get this game done for the PC. They're not going to add more workload to develop a Scorpio specific version. Which, according to Microsoft, isn't even allowed. By the time this game is in a release state, the next generation will have started or be releasing soon. Makes no sense to develop this for any current consoles. Plus, after all of the graphical effects are added and the game's visuals are finalized, I doubt the Scorpio could run the game in any decent capacity. Just don't mention that to the crazies. They're convinced Scorpio could run the most demanding games three times over with no issues. Chris Roberts is a pro-PC guy in general, too. Best chance of seeing this game on consoles any time soon is the next generation. I know you know this, I just felt the need to get my thoughts out.
lol

Funny thing is, this game has only been in development for 4 years now and it's being developed alongside a stand-alone single-player game, Squadron 42. Mass Effect Andromeda took 5 years. According to Herman Hulst in his interview with Neil Druckmann, Horizon took 6 years. Star Wars: The Old Republic took almost 7 years. Alan Wake took 7 years. Let's not even talk about the development hell FF15, TLG, and Nioh went through.

It's just bizarre to me how many people think this game is taking an unreasonably long time to release. It's an MMO and it's an incredibly ambitious project. The company making it was actually being built from the ground up for the first couple of years.

You're joking, but there are so many people out there who have incredibly unrealistic ideas about how long games actually take to make and what it takes to make them.
Yeah and here I am gonna hopefully have a super small/simple game thats like less than 5% the size of star citizen or less that will likely take me up to a year.  And not to mention vizioneck is gonna be upwards of 10 year development by the time that Mike Armbrust guy gets it finished!