America's favorite restaurants

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 20, 2018, 05:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Apr 24, 2018, 04:10 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 04:13 PM by Xevross
I was underwhelmed by them but because I'm English I prefer chips from a good old fish and chips shop.
Sorry Pi, I have to agree with him  :P
Yeah all fries are inferior but Five Guys fries are the best I've had. Miles better than the standard KFC/ Maccies style that's for sure. Still, nothing compared to some good chips.

What do you put on your chip shop chips? My sister loves curry sauce, I love gravy or just use ketchup.

I'm not sure what these are.  
They kind of look like small steak fries.  That's all I can figure...  
That's because you've never smelled freedom.  
e5757fa03ff0552f390857c05731ee4969455f6e922076c3a7a009c315747ecb
Yeah this kind is served with steak sometimes, but its the most common form of potato served in british pubs/ restaurants. You get a burger at any non-fast food place in the UK, those come with it. Almost guaranteed. Same goes for lots of other dishes too. Like meat pies, battered fish, grilled chicken etc.

Your freedom is a lie. True freedom would involve meat pies and pasties.

SWORDF1SH

What do you put on your chip shop chips? My sister loves curry sauce, I love gravy or just use ketchup.
Usually just salt and vinegar. If I get a bettered fish I smother that shame with salt and vinegar to.

Xevross

Usually just salt and vinegar. If I get a bettered fish I smother that shame with salt and vinegar to.
Yeah I don't like vinegar so I don't do this  :P

Also I'm avoiding salt now too. Which is why I normally go gravy. Also I'm northern, so I need to make sure my blood gravy content stays above 90%.

SWORDF1SH

Apr 24, 2018, 04:27 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 04:32 PM by SWORDF1SH
I'm not sure what these are.  
They kind of look like small steak fries.  That's all I can figure...  
That's because you've never smelled freedom.  
e5757fa03ff0552f390857c05731ee4969455f6e922076c3a7a009c315747ecb

Looks like the only freedom you have is to butcher our language   ::)

:P

Yeah I don't like vinegar so I don't do this  :P

Also I'm avoiding salt now too. Which is why I normally go gravy. Also I'm northern, so I need to make sure my blood gravy content stays above 90%.
Gravy contains a lot of salt, ask Dr Pez. But gravy is a good choice to have with chips. In fact gravy goes with a lot of things, I just had it with toad in the hole and mash.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 24, 2018, 04:33 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 04:35 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Crisps: chips

Chips: Steak fries

Fries: French fries

I also find the english use of "sharp" weird.

the-pi-guy

Yeah this kind is served with steak sometimes, but its the most common form of potato served in british pubs/ restaurants. You get a burger at any non-fast food place in the UK, those come with it. Almost guaranteed. Same goes for lots of other dishes too. Like meat pies, battered fish, grilled chicken etc.
That's just what we call them.   Doesn't really have anything to do with them being served with steak.  Anymore than French Fries has to do with being served with French.  

French fries are more common here.  

Culvers has Crinkle Cut fries, those are good.  
I'd say in terms of common-ness:
French fries > Crinkle cut fries > steak fries

"Crisps" is weird.

the-pi-guy

Steak fries:

photo of steak fries from Bob's Italian Foods, Medford, MA

Crinkle cut:

nnodley

Wait people actually think Chipotle is better than Qdoba!  Chipotle is garbage tier compared to Qdoba!

I really liked Culver's though.  
Bruh! Culvers is so good!

the-pi-guy

Bruh! Culvers is so good!
I like Culver's better than a lot of actual restaurants.  
Good burgers.  Amazing shakes.  Amazing cheese curds.  

Xevross

See y'all just causing yourself pain by having to say extra words like steak and french
That's just what we call them.   Doesn't really have anything to do with them being served with steak.  Anymore than French Fries has to do with being served with French.  

French fries are more common here.  

Culvers has Crinkle Cut fries, those are good.  
I'd say in terms of common-ness:
French fries > Crinkle cut fries > steak fries

"Crisps" is weird.
Chips > curly fries > fries > crinkle (ew)

the-pi-guy

See y'all just causing yourself pain by having to say extra words like steak and frenchChips > curly fries > fries > crinkle (ew)
Pft.  
At least it isn't as demeaning as saying "crisps" .

What do you call peppers, spicies?  
/S

I kid.  But I do feel weird about the word crisps.  

Also, you have clearly never had a good crinkle cut.  

Xevross

Pft.  
At least it isn't as demeaning as saying "crisps" .

What do you call peppers, spicies?  
/S

I kid.  But I do feel weird about the word crisps.  

Also, you have clearly never had a good crinkle cut.  
Yeah crisps is a weird word. It always sounds wrong when you think about saying it.

I probably haven't. Nowhere you can eat out at does them here, so the only time I've had them is from frozen in the oven at home and they're pretty shame.

SWORDF1SH

Nothing like some transatlantic disagreements to spice up a topic lol.

the-pi-guy

I probably haven't. Nowhere you can eat out at does them here, so the only time I've had them is from frozen in the oven at home and they're pretty shame.
And you never will.
Because when you come to visit me, we'll have cheese curds instead .

SWORDF1SH

If you ever come to England, go to beefy boys because their burgers are amazing. Their bacon cheese fries are also out of this world.

Go Up