Kaz Hirai: "PS4 hardware is already profitable"

Started by ethomaz, May 22, 2014, 04:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

May 22, 2014, 04:24 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:27 PM by ethomaz
??CEO?PS4??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He said the PS4 hardware is already profitable and the business model is different from the previous platforms (of course he is talking about PS3 here :P).

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140522_649764.html

The dream machine continue to surprise us.

Legend

I like that when a post is edited, it triggers the system to say "new"

ethomaz

May 22, 2014, 04:42 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:45 PM by ethomaz

I like that when a post is edited, it triggers the system to say "new"

Well I just fixed the "of course he is talking about PS4 here" and added my comment at the end... the content was not changed :D.

PS. Yeap... I wrote PS4 in the first time :P

Edit - This is a nice feature ;) sometimes in VGC I edited OP to people see updates but after that I needed always to make a new post saying the OP was updated.

Mmm_fish_tacos

This is going to be a healty gen for playstation and hopefully sony as a whole.

u4gReservoirDogs

New models (PS3+ PS4) incoming;
The filing, listed on the official website of the Directorate of General Resources and Equipment of Post and Information Technology, bears the model number CUH-1106A. This seems to indicate an evolution of the console, but not a radical redesign like the passage from the PS3 slim to the super slim, for instance, which is normally indicated by an incremental change of the first number of the code (the slim was launched with the model number CECH-2001A, while the super slim started with CECH-4001A).

Currently the Asian version of the PS4 has the code CUH-1006A. The incremental change of the second digit to CUH-1106A seems to indicate an evolution akin to the passage from the first model of the PS3 slim equipped with a 65nm RSX graphics chip (CECH-2001A) to the second model eqiopped with a 40nm one (CECH-2101A).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/21/new-ps4-and-ps3-models-possibly-outed-by-certification-request-filed-by-sony/
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

7H3

very interesting... hmm maybe I should have waited to get a newer model ps4 than launch... oh well
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

very interesting... hmm maybe I should have waited to get a newer model ps4 than launch... oh well

Well I had no issue yet... some friends said to me their PS4 are loud but mine is more quiet than OD3 Slim.

u4gReservoirDogs

Official announcement of the new (+ cheaper?) PS4 @ E3 2014?
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

They will be crazy if they do that :D

Legend

Oh, it first I read that as PS3 not PS4.

PS4 seems pretty steady as she goes.

u4gReservoirDogs

They will be crazy if they do that :D

Sony's presentation is after MS's, so I think it's possible. :P
If MS (tries to) steal(s) the show, Sony will kill that hype in an instant with a (small) pricecut.

Dr. Pezus

Probably just a minor revision that they won't mention officially

ethomaz

Probably just a minor revision that they won't mention officially

The reduction in PS4 costs was more about adjustments in production line (less waste of recourses) than a new revision I guess... it is not like they reduced the costs a lot... at launch they are at $10-20 ahead the price and now they are $10-20 below the price... that my guesses.

The quantity of good APU chips could be increased too... that make the APU a little cheaper... so these are expected reductions in the cost of manufacture... the launch units are always more expensive to produce.