XBOX releasing in teir 2 countries todayish [color=lime]Now with pics![/color]

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

I'd expect this holiday season to be even better than last year's for the xbox one

i'll bet you that xbox one's sales from nov 22, 2014 to jan 1 2015 is less than the period from nov 22, 2013 to jan 1 2014.

aww hell, i'm feeling generous...   let's go with the full holidays this year and extend this years range from sept 6, 2014 though jan 3 2015

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

Using the same period... 22nd Nov to 31st Dec I'm sure Xbox One will sell less this year than 2013.

The sales will be down yoy.

The worst will be the first semester of 2015... the Xbox One sales will literally tank.

Raven

7H3

hmm i dunno there are more exciting games coming than at release for both consoles, but probably a bit better launch stock too...
i might take that bet what are the terms?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

kitler53

hmm i dunno there are more exciting games coming than at release for both consoles, but probably a bit better launch stock too...
i might take that bet what are the terms?

i ran the numbers on wiiU - it sold 2.25M it's first holiday and 2.02M it's second.   thing is wiiU, like Xbox One, had a fantastic initial launch and than was really flat after the holiday. 

Xbox One sold 3.05M it's first holiday but only 1.98M since.  historical trends would suggest that xbox should sell about 1.98M this holiday give or take 20% or so.  even in a very optimistic holiday multiplier xbox would be lucky to hit 2.5 million this holiday.  to get above 3M seems impossible to me even with the new tier two countries.

..is my logic.

as far as terms.  no idea.   i'm fine with a gentleman's bet but if you want to control my sig or something we can do that too.

Xevross

In the country I live in (The Netherlands) MS is still getting burned, stoned and crucified by the majority of gamers.
Yesterday or the day before MS made a statement that the Dutch language isn't supported for voice-recognition at launch, which is really weird because that was the excuse they had when asked why they didn't release here on the first day.  :o

The people who wanted a X-one already imported one from England (like so many "Tier 2"-Europeans ) or got one @ the neighbours (Germany for us, Germany and /or France for the Belgians etc. etc.).
The sales in England seem to be just meh, but people (yeah even tree huggers are people) keep forgetting that most of the Tier-2 Europeans rather have a English version then any other besides their own version which they had to wait for.

Agreed about all of it but there's no need for that dig.

Legend

Xevross

i ran the numbers on wiiU - it sold 2.25M it's first holiday and 2.02M it's second.   thing is wiiU, like Xbox One, had a fantastic initial launch and than was really flat after the holiday. 

Xbox One sold 3.05M it's first holiday but only 1.98M since.  historical trends would suggest that xbox should sell about 1.98M this holiday give or take 20% or so.  even in a very optimistic holiday multiplier xbox would be lucky to hit 2.5 million this holiday.  to get above 3M seems impossible to me even with the new tier two countries.

..is my logic.

as far as terms.  no idea.   i'm fine with a gentleman's bet but if you want to control my sig or something we can do that too.

Just pointing out though that having a really shame year of games so far then having a really excellent holiday in comparison isn't too usual. There's been next to nothing to sell XBO this year so far but a lot is coming this holiday. I'll be surprised if it ends the year less than 8m

kitler53

Xevross

mustacheman

Interesting stuff. Wonder how it will perform?

Hopefully it'll do well

Xevross

Interesting stuff. Wonder how it will perform?

Hopefully it'll do well

It certainly needs to...however I don't think it will :(

kitler53

Just pointing out though that having a really shame year of games so far then having a really excellent holiday in comparison isn't too usual. There's been next to nothing to sell XBO this year so far but a lot is coming this holiday. I'll be surprised if it ends the year less than 8m

i mean,.. the holidays are always better than the rest of the year.   just historically speaking:   sales (sept - dec) / sales (jan - aug) ~= 1 typically.  i ran the numbers over the entire life of the ps360 last week and it is surprisingly consistent.   for xbox to be up YoY in the holidays xbox would have to hit 8M meaning it's holiday multiplier of 1.538.   that would be,..  unprecedented.

Shinobi-san

Releasing in South Africa on the 23rd of September :-D

Contemplating whether or not I should buy it now.

I feel like MS missed a step by taking so long to release in South Africa, after they made such good progress with the 360 in our region.

Definitely some hype around the launch!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Go Up