Microsoft's final sales pitch for Xbox One X falls flat

Started by Kerotan, Aug 21, 2017, 03:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

There were true 4K editions of Disneyland Adventures, Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure and Zoo Tycoon, all perfect for the discerning seven-year-old in your household who throws a hissy fit at the mere mention of checkerboarding.

A boon for the fans, with a little exclusive vertical stand thrown in to boot. Given the hits the brand has taken over the past few years, staying upright might be all that can be asked for right now

Microsoft's final sales pitch for Xbox One X falls flat • Eurogamer.net

Kerotan

LOL eurogamer just ripped them a new one.  Can't say I disagree though.  xbox is like a lost soul wandering the wilderness.

Xevross

Yeah they've done a terrible job at putting it out there. I can't see it selling too well at this rate.

Dr. Pezus

Lol that top quote is gold

SWORDF1SH

Xbox One X will have a tremendous launch, a good Christmas. Everybody will prematurely claim the "X" is a success. The "X" will save the brand... Then January hits. Basically a cut and paste of The Xbox One S launch.

Ludicrous Speed

Will it be enough to put Microsoft back on top? Of that I'm not so sure, but perhaps that's not the point - and maybe it never was

Well duh. Was never the point :)

Legend

Aug 21, 2017, 07:12 PM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 07:18 PM by Legend
Xbox One X will have a tremendous launch, a good Christmas. Everybody will prematurely claim the "X" is a success. The "X" will save the brand... Then January hits. Basically a cut and paste of The Xbox One S launch.
Sorry, I did that with the S  ::)

Yeah they've done a terrible job at putting it out there. I can't see it selling too well at this rate.
This is Phil at Gamescom

The "beast" talk was kinda amusing at E3 but it seems that's the only angle they're pushing. That's a recipe for disaster.

darkknightkryta

I still think at this point Microsoft might as well make the equivalent of a Steam machine and just do it right.

Xevross

I think you're right, except it won't do as well as the S did.

The main thing is how do they advertise it to the main public. If they get that right, they may be fine.

Dr. Pezus

Aug 21, 2017, 08:57 PM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017, 09:21 PM by Dr. Pez
Sony should just kill it off by announcing their own 10tf prototype coming next year lulz

Sony should just kill it off by announcing their own 10tf prototype coming next year lulz
Like a week before it's launched

BananaKing

Like a week before it's launched
Or cut the pro's price by 50$

Having a 150$ price difference is huge. And if the difference between Pro and xbx isn't that big, it would be hard to justify that price difference

Dr. Pezus

Or cut the pro's price by 50$

Having a 150$ price difference is huge. And if the difference between Pro and xbx isn't that big, it would be hard to justify that price difference
Well by doing my thing they would kill its only selling point

Kerotan

I think you're right, except it won't do as well as the S did.

The main thing is how do they advertise it to the main public. If they get that right, they may be fine.
I think it will launch better but not do as good as the S in the long run.