Nintendo FY2016 Earnings Results (Switch 2.7m, 3DS 7.27m)

Started by ethomaz, Apr 27, 2017, 12:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

There is no Nintendo icon :P

Sales Data:

• Nintendo Switch hardware: 2.74 million
  • Nintendo Switch software: 5.46 million
  • Nintendo 3DS hardware: 7.27 million (+7%)
  • Nintendo 3DS software: 55.08 million (+14%)
  • Nintendo Wii U hardware: 0.76 million (-77%)
  • Nintendo Wii U software: 14.8 million (-46%)

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 3.84 million (2.76m Switch, 1.08m Wii U)
  • Pokémon Sun & Moon: 15.44 million
  • Super Mario Maker: 2.34 million
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot: 1.36 million

Forecast for FY2017:

• Nintendo Switch Hardware Forecast Apr. '17-Mar. '18: 10 million
  • Nintendo Switch Software Forecast Apr. '17-Mar. '18: 35 million

FY2016 Doc: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf
Supplementary Doc: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427_6e.pdf

Aura7541

That is a fantastic result for the Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Arms should keep the sales going, though Nintendo needs to figure out how to tackle this summer.

DerNebel

That is a fantastic result for the Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Arms should keep the sales going, though Nintendo needs to figure out how to tackle this summer.
Arms is essentially summer at this point and then they have Splatoon 2, which should at the very least heavily drive hardware sales in Japan.

Kerotan

Legend

NIce. For comparison MS shipped 3.9 million Xbo in its first quarter and 1.2 million in its second. Xbo+360 sold 1.1 million the next quarter.

SO switch has a strong start but next quarter will be crucial.

nnodley

Yeah I think if they can keep up good momentum I will be happy with getting one.  Though year 1 might be awesome for it, but after that it drops off.   Either way there is 4 games i want to play on it so far.

Xevross

Good start for the Switch, slightly higher than they expected to ship originally. 3DS is slowly dying now, its numbers are becoming quite small.

Hilarious Zelda ratio, but I guess that's what you'd expect when there's no other proper quality games for the system.

the-pi-guy

Good start for the Switch, slightly higher than they expected to ship originally. 3DS is slowly dying now, its numbers are becoming quite small.

Hilarious Zelda ratio, but I guess that's what you'd expect when there's no other proper quality games for the system.
Lol I just noticed Zelda.

ethomaz

Shipment + digital.

1-2 Switch near 1 million
Bomberman R > 500k
Snipperclips > 350k

ethomaz

Dad NES Mini.

2.3 million

"Discontinued to focus on future"

lol VC is your only future requiring to rebuy everything again on Switch.