Call of Duty WW2 announced

Started by Legend, Apr 21, 2017, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

They might have been just regular Germans and not technically Nazis, but in America that's not considered an excuse. Maybe your countries view WW2 slightly differently.

Like especially in video game format, there'd be huge backlash unless the main character's internal/external fight against their side was the main marketing point. I can't even think of movies that are solely from a German soldier's perspective.
Most people in the UK wouldn't be offended or anything like that in the slightest, and most recognise that only the Nazi higher-ups were evil. Its not Germany who are thought of as the bad guys, its the Nazis.

Personally I'd find it really interesting to play as German soldiers. I hope its done eventually.

Raven

I'm not saying it's an excuse. What the nazis did was bad, bad. They could show that in the game. I mean, we have movies, TV shows and games which show the perspective of the "evil" side. Admittedly there's not a lot from ww2 like that.

For example, The Americans is a TV show told from the perspective of Russians spying in America.

Done right it could serve as a good lesson.
Unfortunately, we still live in a time where trying to see anything from the perspective of a person who served Nazi Germany is treated dang near the same as being a Nazi. People still want to remember the demons they envision in their head. Not try to understand the human beings who got caught up in the whole thing. Hell, there are still people in the States who warily eyeball Germans, looking for any sign that the monsters are coming back. I can also bet that a few countries in Europe would ban the game. Probably even Germany itself.

Dr. Pezus

Unfortunately, we still live in a time where trying to see anything from the perspective of a person who served Nazi Germany is treated dang near the same as being a Nazi. People still want to remember the demons they envision in their head. Not try to understand the human beings who got caught up in the whole thing. Hell, there are still people in the States who warily eyeball Germans, looking for any sign that the monsters are coming back. I can also bet that a few countries in Europe would ban the game. Probably even Germany itself.
Lol yeah Germany would definitely ban it.

Maybe the world will be ready some day

darkknightkryta

Lol yeah Germany would definitely ban it.

Maybe the world will be ready some day
Germany just bans violent games.  Not sure if that's changed.  I remember my cousin telling me you have to go to like underground shops to buy them.

Go Up