Mass Effect: Andromeda is the 3rd biggest launch of the year

Started by Legend, Mar 27, 2017, 08:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mass Effect: Andromeda is the 3rd biggest launch of the year - NeoGAF

Good news for the game.
 Mass Effect Andromeda’ is the 3rd biggest launch of the year so far (behind the recent releases of ‘Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands’ and ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’) and Andromeda has the 3rd best week 1 for the Mass Effect franchise in terms of physical sales.  ‘Mass Effect Andromeda’  shows a sales unit split of 55% PS4, 41% Xbox One and just 4% on PC, with an undivulged quantity having sold through EA Origin on PC (and also of course  PSN / Xbox Live).

BananaKing

Mar 27, 2017, 08:56 AM Last Edit: Mar 27, 2017, 08:58 AM by BananaKing
kind of disappointing for Mass Effect. its the first major established franchise to release this year (i wouldnt consider Ghost Recon major). and it is down from ME2 and ME3 (at least physically). and ME2 only released on the 360 back then.

its sub 90k

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Mass Effect: Andromeda is the 3rd biggest launch of the year

I'm not sure I'd call this "good news for the game".
 For context from the other UK sales topic:
Originally Posted by Mpl90

As a referencehttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...2&postcount=48
UK Monthly Chart, January 2010 (Chart-Track):
 01 (__) (WII) Just Dance - 184,000
 02 (02) (WII) Wii Fit Plus - 111,000
 03 (01) (WII) Wii Sports Resort - 90,000
 04 (__) (360) Mass Effect 2 - 90,000
 05 (04) (360) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 61,000
 06 (03) (WII) New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 57,000
 07 (07) (PS3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 56,000
 08 (__) (WII) Mario Kart Wii - 45,000
 09 (10) (360) Forza Motor Sports 3 - 39,000
 10 (__) (360) Army of Two: The 40th Day - 37,000
 Source: Enterbrain/Famitsu (found on 2ch)

ME2 released on January 29th, 2010; this means that the monthly charts should just count ME2's first week.

This means (assuming this data is correct) that Andromeda opened at less than 90k retail sales in the UK.
Originally Posted by SMOK3Y

Why so bad on PC? UK not pc inclined?

That would be retail PC sales only, which is almost dead in the UK.  Digital sales are not counted.

ethomaz

3rd best in a franchise with 4 games lol

Xevross

Well that's a poor start but I think it was expected. There wasn't much hype and then all the negativity killed any chance of hype increasing

Dr. Pezus

In the UK, mind you

Aura7541

Well that's a poor start but I think it was expected. There wasn't much hype and then all the negativity killed any chance of hype increasing
PewDiePie, especially, was rather unforgiving towards ME:A.

nnodley

Personally think a lot of the complaints are way overblown.  Yes there are problems, but it's still a pretty solid game.  It still might be good for it to sell less just so Bioware/EA realize the problems and fix them.  Still might not happen though.

SWORDF1SH

3rd best in a franchise with 4 games lol
But it beat Zelda lol