Seiken Densetsu Collection Announced (Switch)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Square Enix has announced the Seiken Densetsu Collection for Switch. It will launch physically and digitally in Japan on June 1 for 4,800 yen.

The collection includes:

Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest)
Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana)
Seiken Densetsu 3
Both Seiken Densetsu 2 and Seiken Densetsu 3 support multiplayer with up to three players.

New Features for Nintendo Switch:
- Quick Save
- Music Mode: Listen to music from all 3 games from the collection's home menu
- Screen Options (FFA only): Choose from various screen aspect ratios available

Amazing effort for a beloved collection of games.
聖剣伝説コレクション | SQUARE ENIX

DerNebel

4800 yen for 3 SNES games? Wow

BasilZero

4800 yen for 3 SNES games? Wow
Actually.....2 SNES games and a GB game :p

But ya they do have some additional features but at that price, hell no.

Though I have to say SD3 (Secret of Mana 2 dubbed by fans in the west) - is really great lol - played it so many times and its my favorite in the series. Was never released in the west but there's a fan translation for it for emulation.

darkknightkryta

Actually.....2 SNES games and a GB game :p

But ya they do have some additional features but at that price, hell no.

Though I have to say SD3 (Secret of Mana 2 dubbed by fans in the west) - is really great lol - played it so many times and its my favorite in the series. Was never released in the west but there's a fan translation for it for emulation.
But $16 is cheaper than $6 PSX and 10-15 dollar ps2 games.

BasilZero

Wat?

Where'd you get $16? Converting the amount of yen to USD equals out to $43, which is more expensive than some remaster games (i.e.  Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 upon release).

ethomaz

About $40 is the Switch price.

It is a hell of expensive for 3 "virtual console" games.

darkknightkryta

Wat?

Where'd you get $16? Converting the amount of yen to USD equals out to $43, which is more expensive than some remaster games (i.e.  Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 upon release).
I just chop off the zeroes and look at the price, so I did 48/3, which brings it to 16.  $43 would be 14.33, which is still pricey.

About $40 is the Switch price.

It is a hell of expensive for 3 "virtual console" games.
Yeah, though SNES Virtual Console games are still almost 10 dollars.  Nintendo just overcharges for things.  I was just being cheeky cause of what someone said on the chertz that Sony charging 6 dollars for PSX games is "expensive" but the 7/8 dollars Nintendo charges for SNES games is "cheap".  7<6