GameStop - Switch sales "Phenomenal", high attach rate, "Could eclipse Wii"

Started by Legend, Mar 20, 2017, 11:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

GameStop - Switch sales "Phenomenal", high attach rate, "Could eclipse Wii" - NeoGAF

Lock if old.https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch...-wii-gamestop/
"The Nintendo Switch is off to a start right now that it could possibly eclipse the Wii. Initial sales on this have been phenomenal. I can't give straight numbers, but I can say we're seeing one of the highest attach rates of software and accessories to a device that we've seen in a long time."

"We're seeing tremendous success with the power chargers for the Nintendo Switch, as well as people coming in and picking up extra Joy-Con so people can turn it into a four-player device. We will soon be going online with all-new bundles. Because of the popularity of Zelda, which is one of my top picks, we're putting together a Zelda bundle of hardware and accessories for customers to pick up online."

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

Highest attach rate?  
How is that even possible?  ::o
People buying several copies of Zelda?  

Xevross

DerNebel

Highest attach rate?  
Nobody buying digital? I wouldn't buy digital on the Switch. Also they are once again saying "one of the highest" and in a "long time", which of course begs the question what both of those actually mean precisely.

Also the Switch is not getting close to the Wii what a silly thing to suggest, unless they keep releasing upgraded versions of the system for the next 10 years, then it might happen, but even then I really doubt it.

ethomaz

Highest attach rate?  
When the 32GB SD that come with Switch can hold only one game you will go physical for sure.

Switch won't see big digital sales like PS4/XB1... so the physical attach rate for Zelda will be monstrous because it is the only playable game right now.

BananaKing

Highest attach rate?  
its "one of the highest attach rates". they could be using Vita, WiiU and 3DS numbers in that as well.