Mass Effect Andromeda Review Thread 73 OC (113 reviews), 70 MC (54 reviews)

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2017, 02:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

So when will I be awarded for winning my bet? Btw. you could give me a bonus for getting the Persona 5 score right as well. *smugly self-satisfied"  ;D

(dang, I wanna play P5 already)

Legend

So when will I be awarded for winning my bet? Btw. you could give me a bonus for getting the Persona 5 score right as well. *smugly self-satisfied"  ;D

(dang, I wanna play P5 already)
Did I not already pay you?

nnodley

I still personally think it's on the low side.  This game is not 9/10, but it's easily 8/10 or a little more.

DerNebel

Did I not already pay you?
Uh...maybe? Do you get a notification when you're paid? Otherwise I wouldn't notice.

Legend

Uh...maybe? Do you get a notification when you're paid? Otherwise I wouldn't notice.
No notification. Currently I just have to go into the database and adjust bank values.

DerNebel

No notification. Currently I just have to go into the database and adjust bank values.
Oh, ok. Then I maybe already got it.

Legend

Raven

I still personally think it's on the low side.  This game is not 9/10, but it's easily 8/10 or a little more.
I haven't picked the game up since the second outpost I created a little while ago. I just cannot get into this game. There's too much dang busy work that doesn't amount to much. The crafting system has too many options for its own good. The combat just doesn't satisfy me. I've never been satisfied by the combat in Mass Effect but I was okay with that because to me it always felt like the work I had to put in to get to the next cool story moment or interaction with my favorite characters. In this case, I'm working to get to the story points that just aren't cool enough and none of the characters have really intrigued me. It doesn't help that none of the female characters my guy can romance are that attractive to begin with and their personalities aren't doing anything for me. Overall, I just can't help but agree with the reviews of this game. That's even leaving out the strange animations and bad visual choices.

nnodley

I haven't picked the game up since the second outpost I created a little while ago. I just cannot get into this game. There's too much dang busy work that doesn't amount to much. The crafting system has too many options for its own good. The combat just doesn't satisfy me. I've never been satisfied by the combat in Mass Effect but I was okay with that because to me it always felt like the work I had to put in to get to the next cool story moment or interaction with my favorite characters. In this case, I'm working to get to the story points that just aren't cool enough and none of the characters have really intrigued me. It doesn't help that none of the female characters my guy can romance are that attractive to begin with and their personalities aren't doing anything for me. Overall, I just can't help but agree with the reviews of this game. That's even leaving out the strange animations and bad visual choices.
The crew got a lot better and I like them a lot the farther I got in the game.  I do agree with the busy work.  It's mostly just random BS, but there are quite a few later on that I really liked and all the crew loyalty missions have been awesome so far.   Combat is by far my favorite of any mass effect.  The crafting is odd in this game, because a lot of the stuff you can craft you might just randomly find throughout the game so they made it not necessary most of the time.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Holy shame, it's down to 71
At this rate it'll end in the 60s. wowza EA better reveal something awesome today.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Holy shame, it's down to 71
Oh wow that's really bad. It does sound like a 7/10 game on the whole from what I've read though. Hopefully they can fix the bus at least.

ethomaz

Raven

It is weird they did a ME:A article but forget FFXV did the same with even more unfinished issues.

Mass Effect: Andromeda becomes an early access game after launch - Polygon
I found FF15 more enjoyable to play. However unfinished people want to declare it. A lot of people probably feel the same. Which would explain why FF15 seems to get a pass where ME:A does not. The less fun a game is to someone, the more glaring the issues seem. Horizon had some issues that really bothered me when I thought about them. But, I was usually too busy marveling at the visuals or having too much fun stalking machines to think about those issues for long.

Go Up