Mass Effect Andromeda: bet on MC, win a lot of money (same rules as zelda)

Started by Legend, Mar 16, 2017, 05:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

The reviews are out already that makes no sense to buy more bets.

I guess we can use the Max ideia with increase of 500 each new bet and the bets needs to ends before the review embargo lift.

Plus if nobody bet the correct number the money goes to the next prediction thread.

BTW this ME disappointed (75 right now).

Raven

Oh noes, a 75.   That's just as bad as getting a 0.  :P

Weren't we all collectively discussing recently about how review scores are fraud where games being rated between 75-100 is wrong?  Don't get me wrong, it's sad to see a franchise that was so well reviewed and universally liked review a lot lower, but I'm sure if you enjoyed the previous Mass Effect titles, you'll enjoy this one.
We're not a hive mind. No. We weren't "collectively" coming to that conclusion. I don't care how big of a Mass Effect fan I am. I will never be a fan enough of anything to overlook shoddy animations, poor writing, and a game that is just generally nowhere near its predecessors in quality for its time. No one should be content with a series known for being amazing now taking a plummet towards mediocrity. Especially not after 5 years.

DerNebel

We're not a hive mind. No. We weren't "collectively" coming to that conclusion. I don't care how big of a Mass Effect fan I am. I will never be a fan enough of anything to overlook shoddy animations, poor writing, and a game that is just generally nowhere near its predecessors in quality for its time. No one should be content with a series known for being amazing now taking a plummet towards mediocrity. Especially not after 5 years.
Says the guy with the Final Fantasy avatar  :P

Raven

Was Final Fantasy 7 not great? Know that if you say "no it wasn't" then you can forget about having naughtiness with me.

Xevross

Oh noes, a 75.   That's just as bad as getting a 0.  :P

Weren't we all collectively discussing recently about how review scores are fraud where games being rated between 75-100 is wrong?  Don't get me wrong, it's sad to see a franchise that was so well reviewed and universally liked review a lot lower, but I'm sure if you enjoyed the previous Mass Effect titles, you'll enjoy this one.
I never said it was a bad score.

It's a good score, but most were hoping this game would be much more than just good

DerNebel

Was Final Fantasy 7 not great? Know that if you say "no it wasn't" then you can forget about having naughtiness with me.
Nah, I was more talking about FF in general, which definitely has a lot of people that would argue that the series took a turn towards mediocrity. It was also just meant as a joke really.

No thanks to the naughtiness.

Legend

CAn someone make a review thread? I'm stuck on mobile.

the-pi-guy

I don't think he's content with how bad the new ones are.  :P
But that doesn't mean we can't appreciate the older games.  

darkknightkryta

So 7.5 is a bad score?  I mentioned that it's sad that Mass Effect took a plummet to a 75 metacritic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, hell it's a "good" game by all accounts.  Kinda like how people are bringing the pitch forks for Jim giving Breath of the Wild a 7  out of 10.  Like we were all literally talking about this recently, which is what I was talking about.

the-pi-guy

Mar 20, 2017, 03:37 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 03:38 PM by the-pi-guy
So 7.5 is a bad score?  I mentioned that it's sad that Mass Effect took a plummet to a 75 metacritic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, hell it's a "good" game by all accounts.  Kinda like how people are bringing the pitch forks for Jim giving Breath of the Wild a 7  out of 10.  Like we were all literally talking about this recently, which is what I was talking about.
It's not that 75 makes it a bad game. 
The reason it's disappointing is because it's clearly a major drop in quality from previous games. 
The original ME received a 91.  The second game received a 96.  The third game received a 93. 
This is a series that critically is very similar to Uncharted.  Slightly better than even. 
This is basically a drop from being on of the highest rated franchises of all time to being a moderate title. 

The only people who have really commented on it are Raven and Xev. 
Raven was talking about what I just mentioned.
Xev was also disappointed.  People were starting to have some pretty low opinions of the game, and were expecting reviewers to be more critical than typically done.  And the game is still 8 points lower than the worst expectation.  Which is shocking for what was again, one of the highest rated franchises last gen. 

Besides no one here is picking up pitchforks and trying to hack all the reviewers. 

People are just very disappointed, that the game didn't even reach their already low expectations.  That's not an unreasonable reaction. 

Raven

So 7.5 is a bad score?  I mentioned that it's sad that Mass Effect took a plummet to a 75 metacritic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, hell it's a "good" game by all accounts.  Kinda like how people are bringing the pitch forks for Jim giving Breath of the Wild a 7  out of 10.  Like we were all literally talking about this recently, which is what I was talking about.
It's a decent game but terribly disappointing when you look at the trilogy which scored in the low to mid 90s. Mass Effect has an expectation. That expectation is not met with Andromeda. A 7.5 is not something to really celebrate. I don't play the angle of "if it's not a 'bad' game then be happy". It's a huge screw up. Five years of development to just be decent is terrible. Let me save you some time and energy. You're not going to convince anyone here to not have negative feelings towards Andromeda for scoring a 7.5.

nnodley

The move to andromeda probably wasn't the best idea.  But it gave them such a fresh start it sucks they dropped the ball a bit on it.

Dr. Pezus

You haven't updated the predictions

Legend

You haven't updated the predictions
Sorry I'm on mobile more or less and haven't found the moment to update it.

Seems dernebel will win unless some very positive reviews come around.

BananaKing

its not a bad score. its an okay one. but its clear this game isnt something special. which i honestly hoping it was. it seems they got the gameplay, graphics, art and level design right. but the story, writing and characters are under whelming, at least for the standards of Mass Effect. im still going to get this game, probably enjoy it, and maybe even love it if the reviews are too harsh. but i doubt it will have the lasting impact on the industry as other Mass Effect games did.

Go Up