Mass Effect Andromeda: bet on MC, win a lot of money (same rules as zelda)

Started by Legend, Mar 16, 2017, 05:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aura7541

Oh wait, actually I want the game to score super high, if only to see the people pulling the "SJW's ruined this game"-card losing their shame again.
They clearly don't appreciate the legacy of Michael Jackson.

Xevross

I haven't played any besides a demo. Couldn't get into it.
Was the demo the Dragon Age 2 one? That's probably the demo that I've played the most, ever. I loved it :D

SWORDF1SH

Was the demo the Dragon Age 2 one? That's probably the demo that I've played the most, ever. I loved it :D
I think it was Mass Effect 3 with a 1 hour pass on PS Plus. Honestly I can't remember, I just remember the game was pretty good but not to my personal taste.

Xevross

I think it was Mass Effect 3 with a 1 hour pass on PS Plus. Honestly I can't remember, I just remember the game was pretty good but not to my personal taste.
Well like Pezus said, Bioware games are about the characters, open world and story mainly so a demo doesn't really demo the game at all.

nnodley

Not to mention a lot who have played the full game say it gets better past the initial stuff that most people played in the EA access demo.

Xevross

Not to mention a lot who have played the full game say it gets better past the initial stuff that most people played in the EA access demo.
I hope this is true. After what I've seen It don't trust them enough to keep my pre order so I'm going to wait until at least one more patch down the line

Legend

I hope this is true. After what I've seen It don't trust them enough to keep my pre order so I'm going to wait until at least one more patch down the line
I'm too busy to play till April so I haven't preordered.

OTherwise it'd be hard deciding what to do. Mass Effect 2 and 3 are so great!

nnodley

Honestly it just seems that Horizon set the bar higher for open world games in terms of having a super polished product.  The glitches don't seem to be horrible and it's just people are latching on like we don't have glitches like that in open world games all the time.  Its just horizon seems to have the least amount for open world and it's so fresh people are extra shaming towards mass effect, imo.

DerNebel

Mar 20, 2017, 07:17 AM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 11:27 AM by DerNebel
Don't forget to add the last few bets Legend, cause it looks like I'm taking this one home (probably jinxed it)

Raven

Talk about a monumental fudge up.

BananaKing

Talk about a monumental fudge up.
how on earth did this happen.... they had 5 years to make this...

Raven

Mar 20, 2017, 08:41 AM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 08:43 AM by Raven
how on earth did this happen.... they had 5 years to make this...
Well, for one, the leadership for this game was not the same for the trilogy. Mac Walters was in charge this time since Casey Hudson left in 2014. He was the lead writer from Mass Effect 2 (along with Drew Karpyshyn from the first game) and Mass Effect 3. Chris Schlerf took over as lead writer. The lead designer from the trilogy, Preston Watamaniuk, was not the lead designer for Andromeda. That job went to Ian Frazier. Derek Watts had been the lead artist for the trilogy. For Andromeda, it was Joel MacMillan. Jesse Houston and Nathan Plewes were the producers for Mass Effect 2 and Jesse Houston was the producer for Mass Effect 3. For Andromeda, it was Fabrice Condominas and Mike Gamble. So with the exception of Mac Walters who went from Lead Writer to Director, the guys on top were completely different.

There are also some nasty rumors flying around, and these were going around long before these reviews, that Bioware had been hiring not based on talent but specifically for the sake of diversity. According to some people, Bioware began putting an emphasis on applicants being a woman or non-white. I'm not sure how true that is, but it definitely seems to be the case that talent was clearly lacking here.

BananaKing

Mar 20, 2017, 09:10 AM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 09:37 AM by BananaKing
up to 75 and its been getting higher scores. i hope it continues to raise and reaches 80 at least.

Well, for one, the leadership for this game was not the same for the trilogy. Mac Walters was in charge this time since Casey Hudson left in 2014. He was the lead writer from Mass Effect 2 (along with Drew Karpyshyn from the first game) and Mass Effect 3. Chris Schlerf took over as lead writer. The lead designer from the trilogy, Preston Watamaniuk, was not the lead designer for Andromeda. That job went to Ian Frazier. Derek Watts had been the lead artist for the trilogy. For Andromeda, it was Joel MacMillan. Jesse Houston and Nathan Plewes were the producers for Mass Effect 2 and Jesse Houston was the producer for Mass Effect 3. For Andromeda, it was Fabrice Condominas and Mike Gamble. So with the exception of Mac Walters who went from Lead Writer to Director, the guys on top were completely different.

There are also some nasty rumors flying around, and these were going around long before these reviews, that Bioware had been hiring not based on talent but specifically for the sake of diversity. According to some people, Bioware began putting an emphasis on applicants being a woman or non-white. I'm not sure how true that is, but it definitely seems to be the case that talent was clearly lacking here.
well their last game, Dragon Age Inquisition did quite well, both commercially and critically. it just seems this team isnt as good as the others. which is sad, since they took over the ME franchise.

Xevross

75? Oh fudge it's worse than I thought. I'm glad I got Nier instead now :o

darkknightkryta

75? Oh fudge it's worse than I thought. I'm glad I got Nier instead now :o
Oh noes, a 75.   That's just as bad as getting a 0.  :P

Weren't we all collectively discussing recently about how review scores are fraud where games being rated between 75-100 is wrong?  Don't get me wrong, it's sad to see a franchise that was so well reviewed and universally liked review a lot lower, but I'm sure if you enjoyed the previous Mass Effect titles, you'll enjoy this one.

Go Up