Horizon Zero Dawn

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 02, 2017, 04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

1.4 million in 7 weeks? an average of 200k a week? sounds way to high.
Its possible. It certainly has had excellent legs and its still being advertised strongly. I don't think it will reach that but with the way the game's performed so far I'm just saying it could happen

BananaKing

Its possible. It certainly has had excellent legs and its still being advertised strongly. I don't think it will reach that but with the way the game's performed so far I'm just saying it could happen
shipped 4 million is very much a possibility. sold through i doubt it. doubt Sony will say anything anyways. maybe at the end of the year they could give us a total number like they did with Uncharted 4 (8.7 million)

Kerotan

Mar 27, 2017, 01:12 PM Last Edit: Mar 27, 2017, 01:14 PM by Kerotan
1.4 million in 7 weeks? an average of 200k a week? sounds way to high.
Considering the title is regularly going out of stock at different online retailers all over the globe it's probably not that far fetched.  

Looks like it did about 30k in the UK this week and we're looking at 15k in Japan.

Add in all other markets and it could be doing over 200k retail currently and we're well past the launch.  Add in digital and it's doing it's well on track to hit 4m probably some time in early may.

Could be wrong of course but I personally think Horizon will cruise to 4m shipped and then sold soon after.

shipped 4 million is very much a possibility. sold through i doubt it. doubt Sony will say anything anyways. maybe at the end of the year they could give us a total number like they did with Uncharted 4 (8.7 million)
By the end of the year with holiday buyers and the game going on sale for half price I could them doing 6m+. If they were really smart they'd make Horizon the main bundled game with the pro and regular ps4.

Could boost sales to the 9-10m range.

Raven

Considering the title is regularly going out of stock at different online retailers all over the globe it's probably not that far fetched.  

Looks like it did about 30k in the UK this week and we're looking at 15k in Japan.

Add in all other markets and it could be doing over 200k retail currently and we're well past the launch.  Add in digital and it's doing it's well on track to hit 4m probably some time in early may.

Could be wrong of course but I personally think Horizon will cruise to 4m shipped and then sold soon after.
By the end of the year with holiday buyers and the game going on sale for half price I could them doing 6m+. If they were really smart they'd make Horizon the main bundled game with the pro and regular ps4.

Could boost sales to the 9-10m range.
If I were Sony, I'd sell a Pro bundled with Horizon for $350.

Kerotan

80% complete now.  All collectibles collected.  All cauldrons,  bandit camps,  longnecks,  and hunter challenges done.  

Most side missions and quests up to my point too.  Not sure if I'm on the last main quest or not but shame is getting real.  

50+hours played so far.  What a game!

darkknightkryta

If I were Sony, I'd sell a Pro bundled with Horizon for $350.
So I was in Best Buy when the store clerk had asked me for... tree fiddy.  I said "why you need tree fiddy for?"  Turns out that store clerk was really the Lockness Monster trying to get tree fiddy from me again.  I knew something was weird when this store clerk was half the size of the store.  

Raven

So I was in Best Buy when the store clerk had asked me for... tree fiddy.  I said "why you need tree fiddy for?"  Turns out that store clerk was really the Lockness Monster trying to get tree fiddy from me again.  I knew something was weird when this store clerk was half the size of the store.  
Now I know where my LSD went...

darkknightkryta

Now I know where my LSD went...
In South Park ;o

Kerotan

Ok so I need to ask a question without being spoiled.  Is there a trophy for making 3 choices throughout the game?  I've done all side missions and errands. I've done the main story up until the part where you go into the mountain.  Next mission is meet the sun king in the city.  

So have I played all the bits that involve this trophy?  

60+ hours in,  90% complete.  Can't get enough!

Xevross

Ok so I need to ask a question without being spoiled.  Is there a trophy for making 3 choices throughout the game?  I've done all side missions and errands. I've done the main story up until the part where you go into the mountain.  Next mission is meet the sun king in the city.  

So have I played all the bits that involve this trophy?  

60+ hours in,  90% complete.  Can't get enough!
No trophies are missable, so choices don't affect them

Kerotan

No trophies are missable, so choices don't affect them
Thank foooooooook.  I was stressing I'd have to play through again to make choices differently.  

BTW since I'm nearly complete I decided to watch the launch trailer from a month before e3. I never watch more then the first 10 seconds back then.  But seriously fooking hell.  The trailer spoils half game.  I'm telling you people are crazy to watch these trailers if they know they're getting the game.  

It would have been a much lesser experience if I'd watched them all.  And it actually spoiled a major plot point near the end but that's my next mission so I kind of seen it coming.  But still one of the best parts of Horizon was the world was so mysterious.  If I knew where the story was going I'd not have enjoyed it as much.

Xevross

Thank foooooooook.  I was stressing I'd have to play through again to make choices differently.  

BTW since I'm nearly complete I decided to watch the launch trailer from a month before e3. I never watch more then the first 10 seconds back then.  But seriously fooking hell.  The trailer spoils half game.  I'm telling you people are crazy to watch these trailers if they know they're getting the game.  

It would have been a much lesser experience if I'd watched them all.  And it actually spoiled a major plot point near the end but that's my next mission so I kind of seen it coming.  But still one of the best parts of Horizon was the world was so mysterious.  If I knew where the story was going I'd not have enjoyed it as much.

I watched all those trailers and it didn't really spoil the game for me at all. You never piece it together when you're watching the trailers so its fine

Kerotan

I watched all those trailers and it didn't really spoil the game for me at all. You never piece it together when you're watching the trailers so its fine
Yeah but you've seen some of the most important and coolest parts.  I'd rather go in with a blank slate and let everything unfold with zero idea.  

BTW I've done 18 errands and 21 side quests.  Is that everything?

Xevross

Yeah but you've seen some of the most important and coolest parts.  I'd rather go in with a blank slate and let everything unfold with zero idea.  

BTW I've done 18 errands and 21 side quests.  Is that everything?
True, there's a couple of machines I wish I hadn't seen before I played the game.

I believe so

Kerotan

Mar 31, 2017, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Mar 31, 2017, 05:34 PM by Kerotan
On the credits now.  Them feels!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHGGGHHHHHHHHH

BEST  

GAME

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me back.  I want to experience those 60+ hours again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was me as I completed Horizon.

Go Up