Horizon Zero Dawn

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 02, 2017, 04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

BananaKing

They are a blast sling, war bow and ropecaster. From memory they are small improvements on their shadow counterparts; +5 on the main stats or something like that
ahhh i thought they were different weapons, like they had different types of arrows, or bombs. or different combinations. extra power doesnt interest me much, since i already feel OP and i am already back in "very difficult" setting.

the-pi-guy

Have 3 quests left.  

BananaKing

I have a question for those who finished the game

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>The ruins at the very top of the map. The one where you fight a storm bird before it. How do you climb up to the ruins? I can&#39;t find a way up. Is it part of a story mission later? I haven&#39;t finished the game so if it is, just let me know it&#39;s a story mission , without telling me details<br>

Xevross

I have a question for those who finished the game

Spoiler for Hidden:

The ruins at the very top of the map. The one where you fight a storm bird before it. How do you climb up to the ruins? I can't find a way up. Is it part of a story mission later? I haven't finished the game so if it is, just let me know it's a story mission , without telling me details

You are correct

Dr. Pezus

Why the F is the recommended level for the first cauldron only 8 (or was it 10) when it has a bellowback in a tight space with multiple other enemies? Bellowbacks are lvl 18 stuff

Xevross

Why the F is the recommended level for the first cauldron only 8 (or was it 10) when it has a bellowback in a tight space with multiple other enemies? Bellowbacks are lvl 18 stuff
Yeah the cauldron levels make absolutely no sense. Then again levels aren't really important at all. If you're skillful you could quite easily beat the game at level 1

BananaKing

Git gud

Kerotan

Yeah I'm level 42 and I'm yet to beat the cauldron with the thunderjaw.  

I have 3 separate side quests that involve taking down thunderjaws so I should probably do it now.  

Any advice on best tactics? The stormbird is probably the hardest enemy I've defeated so far.

Xevross

Yeah I'm level 42 and I'm yet to beat the cauldron with the thunderjaw.  

I have 3 separate side quests that involve taking down thunderjaws so I should probably do it now.  

Any advice on best tactics? The stormbird is probably the hardest enemy I've defeated so far.
Thunderjaws are much easier than stormbirds. You'll have the most fun with them going in blind and working out a strategy yourself

Dr. Pezus

Yeah the cauldron levels make absolutely no sense. Then again levels aren't really important at all. If you're skillful you could quite easily beat the game at level 1
Hmm anything is possible I guess. But they have lots of health and hurt a lot.
Git gud
I did get through it. It was just hard  :o

Xevross

Hmm anything is possible I guess. But they have lots of health and hurt a lot. I did get through it. It was just hard  :o
Don't get hit then ;D

Most enemies have a really easy way to take them down. There's some ways which work well but I've found that there's usually a 'cheat' way to kill a lot of them quite easily. For some harder machines they're still a very tough fight though

nnodley

Combat spoilers for easily beating thunder jaw in cauldron in under 45 seconds:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Just kill the watchers circling first. Then before releasing the thunder jaw. &nbsp;Literally set like 20 explosions traps from ropecaster in a circle around the arena. &nbsp;Then release and let him hit them and he goes down in like 30 seconds then there are a couple other things that come out that will hit the rest of the traps.

Kerotan

So Horizon sold 2.6m pretty quickly.  The game is still going out of stock regularly on many online retailers across the globe.  Digital sales and retail legs are surely very strong. 

I've no doubt it's over 3m already but o wonder how quickly it can hit 4m and 5m etc...

Xevross

So Horizon sold 2.6m pretty quickly.  The game is still going out of stock regularly on many online retailers across the globe.  Digital sales and retail legs are surely very strong.  

I've no doubt it's over 3m already but o wonder how quickly it can hit 4m and 5m etc...
4m by the end of April could happen

BananaKing

4m by the end of April could happen
1.4 million in 7 weeks? an average of 200k a week? sounds way to high.

Go Up