Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

Breath of the wild is my first/second Zelda so I'm with you there.

Did you own a Wii U?
Nope. Never got around to buying one.

Legend

Nope. Never got around to buying one.
Well then you've got a lot of Nintendo to catch up on!

Raven

Well then you've got a lot of Nintendo to catch up on!
Any idea if and when the virtual console is coming? I'd love to pick up some older games.

nnodley

I now own a Switch.
UHHH jelous!!!  Mine will be here monday.  i take it a store near you had them in stock?

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to tons of games on the console.  Got zelda and mario kart coming.  And the most of the others Raven posted I'll probably get and including splatoon.

Raven

UHHH jelous!!!  Mine will be here monday.  i take it a store near you had them in stock?

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to tons of games on the console.  Got zelda and mario kart coming.  And the most of the others Raven posted I'll probably get and including splatoon.
My friend and I walked into Walmart because we heard more stock came to certain stores on Friday. We had actually tried that same store last week but we walked in just a few hours late because they sold the last two they had. They had four of them there today.

Xbro

Any idea if and when the virtual console is coming? I'd love to pick up some older games.
We know that it's coming, don't know when though.
3 people like this

Raven

Ya'll need to PM yer friend codes.

Legend

Ya'll need to PM yer friend codes.
THey still have friend codes? I thought you could use usernames

Raven

THey still have friend codes? I thought you could use usernames
There are three ways for me to find friends so I can send them a request. I can search for local users, which is lame because it's just going to be random people in my area. I can search the users I've recently played with, which obviously doesn't mean they're actually my friends. The third option is to search for them via friend code. There isn't an option for me to search for a specific friend using their username.

nnodley

I will send friend code when I get mine tomorrow.  I had an account from when I had wii u so I'll need to figure that out.

Legend

There are three ways for me to find friends so I can send them a request. I can search for local users, which is lame because it's just going to be random people in my area. I can search the users I've recently played with, which obviously doesn't mean they're actually my friends. The third option is to search for them via friend code. There isn't an option for me to search for a specific friend using their username.
I'M on wii u and can only see Nintendo Network ID to add people that way.

Raven

I'M on wii u and can only see Nintendo Network ID to add people that way.
Are you only able to add people on the same device you're using? Like, is it possible to add 3DS or Switch users through your Wii U like the PSN does or is it device specific?

Legend

Are you only able to add people on the same device you're using? Like, is it possible to add 3DS or Switch users through your Wii U like the PSN does or is it device specific?
I'm pretty sure Wii U and 3DS are unified. I have the same account on both.

Would be classic Nintendo if friends don't work for all systems though.

the-pi-guy

"In the future, you will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS," said the company's spokesperson.
Nintendo Switch Will Have New Ways To Add Friends Post-Launch | USgamer

BasilZero

Breath of the wild is my first/second Zelda so I'm with you there.

Did you own a Wii U?
Dayum, you missing out alot (actually I was too kinda :p)

I recently finished OoT for the first time.

Playing through A link between worlds on my 3DS and BotW on my WiiU.

I only finished TP on GCN, Link to the past on SNES and GBA and SS on Wii.

Nope and its a missed opportunity - there's a audience they are clearly missing and people willing to multi dip.

Go Up