PS4Pro Native 4K Games

Started by GribbleGrunger, Oct 06, 2016, 03:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GribbleGrunger

Oct 06, 2016, 03:42 AM Last Edit: Jun 08, 2017, 07:20 AM by GribbleGrunger
I'll add to the list as more of the native 4K games are revealed:

- Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Battleborn (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Bound (Native 4K@60FPS + MSAA x2 upscaled from MSAAx8 in normal gameplay / in VR mode: rendering to 4K internal screen which is then supersampled to 1080P display in PSVR + new effects like volumetric lights + sharper shadows)
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (Native 4K)
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition (Native 4K (dynamic resolution: 2160p in normal scenes, 1080p in heavy scenes)@60FPS / improved ambient occlusion + enhanced bloom)
- Farming Simulator 17 (Native 4K)
- FIFA 17 (Native 4K@60FPS + Higher resolution depth of field buffer)
- forma.8 (Native 4K@60FPS + 8xMSAA )
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA - X HD (Native 4K / Video quality of 3D drawing is enhanced)
- Here They Lie (Native 4K + Better shadows, post-processing effects, dynamic flashlight shadows, and ambient occlusion + HDR)
- Hustle Kings (Native 4K)
- Kingdom Hearts HD: Dream Drop Distance (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Locoroco (Native 4K + HDR)
- Mantis Burn Racing (Native 4K@60FPS / Native 4K@30FPS for 4 player split-screen / + HDR)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Native 4k (most of the times but scales down to 80% of it which is 3072 x 1728 in heavy scenes) @30FPS)
- MLB The Show 17 (Native 4K)
- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS + HDR)
- Neon Chrome (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Ni-Oh (Native 4K@30FPS + slightly higher resolution shadow maps)
- Paladins (Native 4K (dynamic resolution: lowest recorded res: 3264x1836) @60FPS)
- Parappa The Rapper (Native 4K + HDR)
- Patapon (Native 4K + HDR)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Resogun (Native 4K(geomtery rendering)@60 FPS + HDR)
- Rez Infinite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Smite (Native 4K(dynamic resolution)@60FPS)
- Tethered (Native 4K@60FPS)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Native 4K@30FPS + HDR)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Edition (Native 4K@30FPS)
- The Last Of Us Remastered (Native 4K@30FPS with the best shadows + HDR)
- The Witness (Native 4K@30FPS + 2xMSAA + HDR)
- Thumper (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Viking Squad (Native 4K@60FPS + 2xMSAA)
- WipEout Omega Collection (Native 4K@60FPS + 4x8 EQAA if motion blur is disabled)
- Wheels of Aurelia (Native 4K@60FPS)

Legend

Are you going off the GAF thread?

GribbleGrunger

Are you going off the GAF thread?

Yeah, I thought it was a good idea. I'll add my own games when I find them and obviously post them in the GAF thread, and I'll add games here if he finds them before me. That should make finding the games quicker for both threads.

Kerotan

Can't wait to replay the last of us. Good thread idea

GribbleGrunger

added: - COD Infinite Warfare shifts to native 4K when you stand still which is great for taking screenshots.

Legend

added: - COD Infinite Warfare shifts to native 4K when you stand still which is great for taking screenshots.
So it's dynamic resolution up to 4K or is it actually a feature for screenshots?

GribbleGrunger

So it's dynamic resolution up to 4K or is it actually a feature for screenshots?
It's evidently because of a feature the PS4pro has:

The static image is even more telling. Surprisingly, a snapshot of Infinite Warfare with the game camera completely still gives us a perfect 1:1 ratio between each stair-step along an edge, and the pixels of the 4K display used to present the game at EGX. Essentially, this means any time we decide to stop moving the camera, the game starts to resolve detail at a level almost indistinguishable from a true, native 3840x2160. It's a trivial point given the fast tempo of the Call of Duty series, but an interesting sign of how the tech works, and the benefits to PS4 Pro's approach to 4K gaming.

Digital Foundry: Hands-on with COD Infinite Warfare on PS4 Pro • Eurogamer.net

Legend

It's evidently because of a feature the PS4pro has:

The static image is even more telling. Surprisingly, a snapshot of Infinite Warfare with the game camera completely still gives us a perfect 1:1 ratio between each stair-step along an edge, and the pixels of the 4K display used to present the game at EGX. Essentially, this means any time we decide to stop moving the camera, the game starts to resolve detail at a level almost indistinguishable from a true, native 3840x2160. It's a trivial point given the fast tempo of the Call of Duty series, but an interesting sign of how the tech works, and the benefits to PS4 Pro's approach to 4K gaming.

Digital Foundry: Hands-on with COD Infinite Warfare on PS4 Pro • Eurogamer.net
Oh that's not native.

It's a side effect of checkerboard rendering and other methods that artificially increase resolution. Killzone shadowfall multiplayer had the same thing. If there is no motion, the image becomes effectively full resolution.

SWORDF1SH

Oh that's not native.

It's a side effect of checkerboard rendering and other methods that artificially increase resolution. Killzone shadowfall multiplayer had the same thing. If there is no motion, the image becomes effectively full resolution.
Yeah that doesn't sound like native 4k

GribbleGrunger

I've removed COD from the list. I wasn't sure about it myself when the guy added it over at GAF.

Legend

Since the list is so skimpy, feel free to add VizionEck. I don't have a PS4 Pro dev kit but for a while it was running 4K native on standard PS4.

nnodley

Since the list is so skimpy, feel free to add VizionEck. I don't have a PS4 Pro dev kit but for a while it was running 4K native on standard PS4.
GAMECHANGER!!!!   ;D

GribbleGrunger

framerate?

Legend

the-pi-guy

Go Up