Go Down

the-pi-guy

GribbleGrunger

added

- Hustle Kings (Native 4K@60?FPS)

GribbleGrunger

added:

- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS)

I'm waiting for double verification but as of right now it appears to be true.

PLASTICA-MAN

added

- Hustle Kings (Native 4K@60?FPS)
Still waiting for the confirmation of this and its FPS. You can add Thumper too. Its' confirmed by a dev. Waiting for FPS though
added:

- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS)

I'm waiting for double verification but as of right now it appears to be true.
Add + HDR support

GribbleGrunger

Still waiting for the confirmation of this and its FPS. You can add Thumper too. Its' confirmed by a dev. Waiting for FPS thoughAdd + HDR support
Thanks ;)

GribbleGrunger

Oct 16, 2016, 08:00 PM Last Edit: Oct 16, 2016, 09:16 PM by GribbleGrunger
added:

- Bound (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Viking Squad (Native 4K@60FPS).

GribbleGrunger

added:

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)

SWORDF1SH

added:

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)
O my fudgy god!!!!!

Now I have to buy a freaking 4k TV and a PS4 Pro.

BTW I'm surprised that games like this can to native 4k.

GribbleGrunger

O my fudgy god!!!!!

Now I have to buy a freaking 4k TV and a PS4 Pro.

BTW I'm surprised that games like this can to native 4k.
I'd imagine that most 'set camera' games will support native 4K, so I'm expecting the list to grow rapidly as more sports games are revealed to have a Pro mode.

GribbleGrunger

added:

- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Native 4K 80-90% of the time/Dynamic Resolution)

Kerotan

added:

- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Native 4K 80-90% of the time/Dynamic Resolution)
I really like this dynamic resolution thing.  

darkknightkryta

Bajillions of frames per second.  
Infinite frames per second!  :O

DerNebel

OK, someone has to help me understand something. There's a thread on Gaf I saw earlier were people were complaining that the Pro iis going to go into sort of a "base mode" when it's playing a game with no Pro update, because it means that unpatched games on the Pro will run just like on a normal PS4. This whole thing however is based on this article on Eurogamer were Mark Cerny is saying that the GPU of the Pro will emulate the normal PS4s in case of an unpatched game. However he also says this:

"For variable frame-rate games, we were looking to boost the frame-rate. But we also wanted interoperability. We want the 700 existing titles to work flawlessly," Mark Cerny explains. "That meant staying with eight Jaguar cores for the CPU and pushing the frequency as high as it would go on the new process technology, which turned out to be 2.1GHz. It's about 30 per cent higher than the 1.6GHz in the existing model."

So am I crazy and does this not mean that the CPU will run at the higher frequency even with unpatched games specifically for boosted framerates?

Inside PlayStation 4 Pro: How Sony made the first 4K games console • Eurogamer.net

Legend

OK, someone has to help me understand something. There's a thread on Gaf I saw earlier were people were complaining that the Pro iis going to go into sort of a "base mode" when it's playing a game with no Pro update, because it means that unpatched games on the Pro will run just like on a normal PS4. This whole thing however is based on this article on Eurogamer were Mark Cerny is saying that the GPU of the Pro will emulate the normal PS4s in case of an unpatched game. However he also says this:

"For variable frame-rate games, we were looking to boost the frame-rate. But we also wanted interoperability. We want the 700 existing titles to work flawlessly," Mark Cerny explains. "That meant staying with eight Jaguar cores for the CPU and pushing the frequency as high as it would go on the new process technology, which turned out to be 2.1GHz. It's about 30 per cent higher than the 1.6GHz in the existing model."

So am I crazy and does this not mean that the CPU will run at the higher frequency even with unpatched games specifically for boosted framerates?

Inside PlayStation 4 Pro: How Sony made the first 4K games console • Eurogamer.net
When the game is unpatched without PS4 Pro support, it plays exactly like on standard PS4. Or at least that was the case the last time I read the documentation.

I don't know what Cerny is meaning with the second quote.

DerNebel

When the game is unpatched without PS4 Pro support, it plays exactly like on standard PS4. Or at least that was the case the last time I read the documentation.

I don't know what Cerny is meaning with the second quote.
Yeah that quote is seriously confusing me.

Go Up