Super Street Fighter 5: Best fighting game ever! 5/10

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Jun 12, 2015, 10:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Daigo vs Eita was crazy.  It was so raw.

darkknightkryta

ethomaz

Apr 22, 2017, 02:28 PM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 04:42 PM by ethomaz
Daigo should have switched to Ryu.
Daigo doesn't know what to do anymore lol he needs to focus in one char.

darkknightkryta

Saudi doesn't know what to do anymore lol he needs to focus in one char.
He's playing Guile fine.  Guile doesn't have a good "Get the fudge away from me" move which you need against Balrog.  When Balrog is running after you, you need to have him run into a move.  Ex Shoryuken will do that (Regular Shoryuken's aren't invincible anymore).  Guile's Flash Kick works as well, but it takes too long to charge.  Though on the other end, Momochi had to switch to Ibuki to get pokes in-between Balrog's rushes when he was facing Smug so I'm not 100% what the right answer would be.  But that's what I think Daigo should do when he faces Balrog.  You need a character to shut down his rush downs and I think Ryu still has that potential.

ethomaz

He's playing Guile fine.  Guile doesn't have a good "Get the fudge away from me" move which you need against Balrog.  When Balrog is running after you, you need to have him run into a move.  Ex Shoryuken will do that (Regular Shoryuken's aren't invincible anymore).  Guile's Flash Kick works as well, but it takes too long to charge.  Though on the other end, Momochi had to switch to Ibuki to get pokes in-between Balrog's rushes when he was facing Smug so I'm not 100% what the right answer would be.  But that's what I think Daigo should do when he faces Balrog.  You need a character to shut down his rush downs and I think Ryu still has that potential.
But he needs to master two chars and that require playing with them constantly. I believe that breaks the timing and how you master a char.

You get great at both but not mastered any :(

darkknightkryta

But he needs to master two chars and that require playing with them constantly. I believe that breaks the timing and how you master a char.

You get great at both but not mastered any :(
They screwed up the balance in season 2, you have to pretty much play two characters.  If Balrog wasn't so broken, he'd get away with just Guile, or anyone else for that matter.

darkknightkryta

@Raven Dreamhack is going on.

Raven

Raven

Nothing against Asians at all, but I really have to roll my eyes when people insist on saying shame like, "Only reason North America is so competitive is because of its Asian players". First of all, way to make it about race, which we all know is horseshit. Second of all, these guys who play for NA are Asian by heritage, not by culture. Third, I see plenty of black players from North America making these Asian guys work for it and a few white guys who are lethal as hell if you don't counter-pick them. I don't give a crud if you're black, white, or purple. You fly my flag? You're on my team. NA has people of all colors and guess what, they're starting to curb stomp these "all Asian dream teams" from overseas.

darkknightkryta

Nothing against Asians at all, but I really have to roll my eyes when people insist on saying shame like, "Only reason North America is so competitive is because of its Asian players". First of all, way to make it about race, which we all know is horseshit. Second of all, these guys who play for NA are Asian by heritage, not by culture. Third, I see plenty of black players from North America making these Asian guys work for it and a few white guys who are lethal as hell if you don't counter-pick them. I don't give a crud if you're black, white, or purple. You fly my flag? You're on my team. NA has people of all colors and guess what, they're starting to curb stomp these "all Asian dream teams" from overseas.
Well look at Anbu, he's killing it.  He's black.

darkknightkryta

Holy crud that was crazy.  Double miss supers.  So intense after

Raven

Good lord. Punk is trampling everyone.

darkknightkryta

Good lord. Punk is trampling everyone.
Yeah he is.  Like, Karin O_O

Raven

Yeah he is.  Like, Karin O_O
She can step on my grapes and call me scum any day.

darkknightkryta

She can step on my grapes and call me scum any day.
... I agree ... :(

Go Up