General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

It's fun on mute .

Dr. Pezus

Legend

I know I'm more productive when I take breaks/sleep but it's hard to be find a good balance.

the-pi-guy

I know I'm more productive when I take breaks/sleep but it's hard to be find a good balance.
Gotta take care of yourself first, man.  

Legend

I think I'll take tomorrow off

the-pi-guy

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a professional website as basically a portfolio.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a professional website as basically a portfolio.  
Thats what mine will turn into. When ever i build a portfolio to fill it.

Legend

Are you looking for work?

the-pi-guy

Are you looking for work?
I will be in a few months.  
An internship at least soon.  

nnodley

Depends.  What exactly would you put on it?  Most of the time I only ever see portfolio sites for mostly art based stuff, like photography, environment art, texturing, etc.  Though if you are going to show off programming stuff i'm not sure how best to showcase that on a site.  I've never seen anything like that, tbh.  Maybe just didn't look enough for that type of stuff though.

the-pi-guy

Depends.  What exactly would you put on it?  Most of the time I only ever see portfolio sites for mostly art based stuff, like photography, environment art, texturing, etc.  Though if you are going to show off programming stuff i'm not sure how best to showcase that on a site.  I've never seen anything like that, tbh.  Maybe just didn't look enough for that type of stuff though.
Some of the classes would be hard to show anything, but I do have a graphics course next semester .

nnodley

Some of the classes would be hard to show anything, but I do have a graphics course next semester .
If you are wanting to start doing  more on the graphics side.  I would suggest just looking into artstation.  It's free, with a pro version as well for hosting a domain name and being able customize layouts of the site more.  Artstation is pretty much the go to anymore.

Legend

Don't a lot of people use github as a code portfolio?

the-pi-guy

Oct 19, 2018, 07:39 PM Last Edit: Oct 19, 2018, 07:48 PM by the-pi-guy
Don't a lot of people use github as a code portfolio?
Yeah a lot do.  

If you are wanting to start doing  more on the graphics side.  I would suggest just looking into artstation.  It's free, with a pro version as well for hosting a domain name and being able customize layouts of the site more.  Artstation is pretty much the go to anymore.
Well, I don't really want to focus on graphics.  I'd really like to do some other programming stuff on my website too.  

nnodley

FUUUCKKK!  Megamillions is a 1.6 billion with a cash payout of 900 million. Biggest in US history.  We are buying more tickets, because why not try.

Go Up