Gaming journalism at its best (Polygon and Gamespot)

Started by Rorono, Feb 09, 2015, 12:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Rorono

If you want a quick version of what happened with images, read first post here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=988247

Basically, Jonathan Blow tweeted that he did a speed run of The Witness in around 6 hours

Polygon, for some reason, reported that the game was 6 hours long. Then Gamespot did the same. Polygon eventually fixed it, but i'd wager part of the damage is already done with reports of the game "only being 6 hours long" flying about. I don't know if Gamespot has fixed it as I can't check.

I assume this is within rules? (you know what I mean). This is not about a forum or a community, just these gaming websites and this specific "report"

Legend

Yeah it's fine hahaha, however I will point something else out...

@polygon & gamespot

Love ya guys. Pls giv VizionEck 10/10 k thx by

But seriously it's amussing and kinda said how things like this can happen. No ill intent on either publisher, but it's still screwy.

Rorono

Love ya guys. Pls giv VizionEck 10/10 k thx by

Better tweet that the game is 50 hours long then!

darkknightkryta

Better tweet that the game is 50 hours long then!

Why stop at 50?  Just say the game is infinite.

Legend

Why stop at 50?  Just say the game is infinite.

lol it has mp so yes!

Raven

lol it has mp so yes!

I heard it has no linear single player, no QTEs, and is PS4 exclusive. 0/10

Xevross

Gaming journalists aren't the brightest, unfortunately. Too much misinformation gets spread.

kitler53

literacy is not a requirement to write it would seem...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

In my personal opinion, becoming a gaming journalism should require some credentials like a degree of some sorts. Gaming journalists are just worthless for the most part with few exceptions.

Max King of the Wild

Lol, awful. Even then, 6 hour for indie game isn't terrible. 50 hours is insane.

Raven

I wouldn't even call most of them journalists to begin with. Most of them are little more than writers/bloggers who got a job at a website that pays them to talk about games and give often ignorant opinions. In some cases, you're Polygon and get paid a shame load of money from Microsoft and find yourself doing everything you can to suck their sucker without being too obvious.