EDT: Patch works! 343i Cancels Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta for Upcoming Patch

Started by Legend, Feb 02, 2015, 08:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

343 Industries has delayed the upcoming patch designed to resolve ongoing issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection's multiplayer mode. A new blog post explains the studio believes more time is needed to check the stability of the update before rolling it out, especially as it's one of the biggest patches yet. It's also apparently rethinking its previous comments regarding beta testing for all future content updates, as this now may not happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/halo-mcc-multiplayer-patch-delayed-beta-rethought

Mmm_fish_tacos

Raven

343 really dropped the ball with this collection. Between this, the backlash over Halo 4's multiplayer, and division over the changes made to the formula in Halo 5... I'm not sure how long 343 can be given a free pass.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

XBOX still has gears.

Made by an unproven studio. Sure that will go over well. Plus gears was never as good as the xbocks fans made it out to be. Its a so so game.

Rorono

XBOX still has gears.

But are those gears greased?

Black tusk is indeed new and unproven but at the very least they did snatch a producer from Epic games.. Not entirely reassuring, as a lead designer instead of a producer would be much better. Still, one guy is better than 0.

kitler53

XBOX still has gears.

xbox's brand has always been known for halo and being the premier place for online multiplayer.  343 is killing halo and with it their rep for having the highest quality online.   

gears was on xbox but the epic brand was always forefront to xbox.  ..and putting the gears brand in another unproven developers hands (who's first effort had to be canceled btw) won't help xbox's image as the premier place for online.  mark my words gears will only hurt the brand here.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Legend

And Xbox fans made fun of Evolution Studios...

And Nintendo fans made fun of everyone!!!

ethomaz

I told in VGC the issue was in the same intensify than DriveClub online issue and got trashed.

Well three months late and the game is yet unplayable for a lot of gamers.

Rorono

Seems to be DC is in a better state lol. And this despite DC being a lot more demanding netcode-wise.

Legend

http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=1504.0

Saying they were going to beta test it was such silly PR. Smart of them to just cancel it completely.