Mass Effect Andromeda Review Thread 73 OC (113 reviews), 70 MC (54 reviews)

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 20, 2017, 02:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

I will say that the game is not making me itch to play like Horizon did.  I don't think any game will till TLOU 2.

Same here. I'm not getting that overwhelming desire to run home and play more. The combat just does not feel satisfying. I understand it's early and things get more interesting later, but after playing Horizon, Nier, and even FF15, this game just lacks weight and satisfying results in its early combat. It feels like playing whack-a-mole with a laser pointer.

Visuals are all over the dang place. In some moments they are brilliant. In others I just can't help but wonder how they managed to screw up that badly. So many faces are not just devoid of emotion but for crud's sake the lack of certain textures compared to my character makes me feel like I'm a lone human in a universe full of Barbie and Ken dolls.

The banter between me and my squadmates is awesome and I'm liking the more important characters. However, the overall writing so far just leaves me stunned. Not in a good way. I can't say anything without spoiling but I will give one example. It's shoddy writing to force a situation to be even more dramatic by making highly intelligent people be incredibly wasteful of resources long before they knew more were on the way and when they already discovered trouble.