Recent Posts

Pages 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Gaming Community / Zelda Tears of the Kingdom kin...
Last post by Legend - Apr 09, 2024, 09:46 PM
I'm not finished but how the heck did this game get great reviews? I would genuinely love to chat with someone who loved it because from my perspective, everything about the game is worse than the first and the joy of "the wild" is completely gone.

This is a checklist grindfest. I have no direction from the game so I'm just randomly doing activities that increase numbers. Was fun at first, I maxed out my stamina while still only having 4 hearts, but it feels like the game is just broken. I have the big special weapon, I'm pretty sure I could go to the boss and win no problem, but I feel so lost and confused. For example I had 97 korok seeds and just finally found a use for them a few minutes ago. I still have no clue what the game wants from me.

The smaller moment to moment stuff is still pretty enjoyable but still a downgrade. The main building mechanic is really hit and miss. Some shrines and some world puzzles are great yet in general I avoid it. The new caves are a nice addition but the deeper underground areas really really suck. I realized the "secret" with the underground yesterday and while it was a fun discovery, it makes the area even less interesting.

I'll post more once I finish but I just don't get it. Have I just been super unlucky and I've missed 90% of the content?
Off-Topic News Discussion / Re: Eclipse megathread
Last post by nnodley - Apr 09, 2024, 01:19 PM
Could you see the solar flair with your eyes?

Yep! It wasn't like super detailed but you could see red dots on the sides of the moon. It was probably one of the most insane things I've witnessed. There's nothing like it when it's full totality.

I got some cool pics with my vaonis Hestia. But I need to do some clean up to the images and stack into a Timelapse. Most of the images auto stack so they are pretty much ready to go. I just want to equalize the blacks as much as possible

My totality shot came out a little blurrier than I hoped but I wasn't very concerned with fixing cause I didn't want to have my face in my phone trying to make it clear
Last post by Legend - Apr 09, 2024, 03:46 AM
Last post by Legend - Apr 09, 2024, 03:16 AM
That was EPIC!

Looks like Indiana was the best place to have viewed totality with some of the clearest skies
Could you see the solar flair with your eyes?

Last post by nnodley - Apr 08, 2024, 08:38 PM
That was EPIC!

Looks like Indiana was the best place to have viewed totality with some of the clearest skies
Game News Discussion / Re: Multiple insiders talk abo...
Last post by Legend - Apr 08, 2024, 08:32 PM
Why would a port need a closed beta? That just sounds like early paid access.
Game News Discussion / Re: Multiple insiders talk abo...
Last post by the-pi-guy - Apr 08, 2024, 07:05 PM

Yeah I don't buy it. They will be lucky to pass 30m consoles by the end of the year at this rate. They'll have no choice but to port games to other consoles. You simply cannot rely on one major market and a few smaller submarkets to sustain a console.
I feel like that's kind of the point.
Last post by Legend - Apr 08, 2024, 05:32 PM
I can see the Moon!
Last post by nnodley - Apr 08, 2024, 03:09 PM
I should have booked a trip to your city!
Right. Just last week it was looking like rain and clouds and these past couple days its gradually gotten a better forecast so we are sitting pretty good right now.  I threw on my eclipse glasses just to check out the sun since there is a little really thin layer of clouds here and there, but it doesn't seem to be hampering anything so far.

this will be my first totality experience.  I'm excited even if more clouds roll in
Last post by Legend - Apr 08, 2024, 02:52 PM
I'm just off of the path of totality but the weather is great today.   will try my best to burn my eyes to a crisp by ignoring all precautions.
Pop in a car and drive! Full totality is the really cool part.

nice day today so far. Fingers crossed it stays this way through totality at least
I should have booked a trip to your city!
Pages 1 ... 8 9 [10]