The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Hshhaaha fudge offff

nnodley

No New Assassin's Creed Coming In 2019 - GameSpot

Interesting. 2 games every 3 years could be a good pace.
hmm, I wonder if it's mostly because origins and odyssey were already planned to be released a year earlier than they were going too.  And now all the AC games can be on an every 2 years schedule.  But I can see releasing 2 games back to back then a year off working as well.

darkknightkryta

Re7 for switch is streamed. Woah
Yes, welcome to like half a year ago :P

Legend

Yes, welcome to like half a year ago :P
Yeah I somehow missed that. So weird.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Stellaris updated everything a while ago and I got to try it out.

Wouldn't say it's better or worse but it's different. Feels like a tile based game now.

BananaKing

Stellaris updated everything a while ago and I got to try it out.

Wouldn't say it's better or worse but it's different. Feels like a tile based game now.
Hmmmm I was planning to check this out someday. The issue is that I don't use my PC for gaming anymore these days specially not with mouse and keyboard. Heck my setup doesn't really work for mouse and keyboard

Legend

Hmmmm I was planning to check this out someday. The issue is that I don't use my PC for gaming anymore these days specially not with mouse and keyboard. Heck my setup doesn't really work for mouse and keyboard
I've been playing on a couch with just a mouse if that'd work with your setup.

In the old game your empire's border expanded as your planets grew in power and you built frontier outposts along the border. Placing frontier outposts was very expensive.

In the new game your empire's border never expands automatically. Instead you have to build a frontier outpost in a star system to add it to your empire. Frontier outposts are now pretty cheap.

Also in the old game you had 3 different types of warp tech. Now everyone only has 1 specific type of warp and the others are only used in rare cases. It's a cool change because it allows you to build blockades and focus on reinforcing borders since all enemies have to come from the outside, but the original thing was more hectic and fast paced.

In general the updates have just really slowed the game down. On one hand it's a good thing since you now have more control and it's better balanced as a strategy game but on the other hand it's even less casual.

Xevross

Its funny, every single year I have no idea that the Dota 2 international is on and then I randomly get reminded of it and go to watch and its the grand final. This year I was watching a day old video from my favourite youtube channel (nothing to do with Dota) when they mentioned one of their friends was at ti8, so I thought oh its on again. Looked it up and the grand final is literally just starting.

I'm baffled as to how this keeps happening.

Legend

How was it? This is the first time I've missed it. Past years have been like yours lol.

Xevross

How was it? This is the first time I've missed it. Past years have been like yours lol.
I'm busy today so I couldn't stay up watching it all. Was fun when I watched it and finished 3-2 to OG, so sounds like a good game

the-pi-guy

It's crazy to think that gamescom just ended.  

Legend

It's crazy to think that gamescom just ended.  
Gamescom used to be so cool. Even Star Citizen skipped it this year.

Go Up