Not E3 2024 - Summer Games Fest 2024

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 05, 2024, 08:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

We're starting to get some rumors of late May/June shows. So figured it was time to roll out the black and gray carpet.

Not E3 Thread

CompanyDatetimeThreadVideoStatus
Sony ShowcaseTBATBA
Meta QuestTBATBA
Guerilla CollectiveTBATBA
Summer Games FestJune 7th, 2024TBATBA
Devolver DirectTBATBA
Future Game ShowTBATBA
Microsoft Xbox Games Showcase June 9thTBATBARumor
PC Gaming ShowTBATBA
Ubisoft ForwardTBATBA
CapcomTBATBA
Upload VRTBATBA
THQ NordicTBATBA

the-pi-guy

Xbox rumor comes from Tom Warren

I understand this is set to take place on Sunday, June 9th, and Microsoft is currently planning to announce a new Gears of War game at the show. A Gears announcement won't be the only new Xbox game at the show, which will also include release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, and of course, a new Call of Duty that's set to debut later this year.

Legend

Unless they reinvent the franchise, gears as the major reveal would be super lame.

I liked 5's trailers though so maybe they'll surprise me.

kitler53

Unless they reinvent the franchise, gears as the major reveal would be super lame.

I liked 5's trailers though so maybe they'll surprise me.
mostly agree.  the game could be amazing but if it's "more of the same" it won't do anything for xbox's last place position.   while i did love the 1st game on 360 it certainly doesn't look like much of anything has changed in the last 20 years.  i'm a pretty vocal advocate for letting a franchise die so that something new can be tried.   this certainly seem like a good candidate for something that has passed it's expiration date.

..but on the other hand gears 5 scored well enough that i'm sure those already on xbox/gamepass will be happy for it.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens