Are you still interested in Dreams?

Started by Legend, May 20, 2018, 07:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's such an incredible looking creation engine capable of making absolutely anything, so why should players care?

I've been turned off from dreams since it's hardly a game anymore; it's a game engine. At this point it's literally comparable to Unity, Unreal CryEngine, etc. Especially for artists without programing skills it might even be better than those engines, but it's still just a game creation tool.

Why would that be worth $60 as a player? LBP was great because it had a fun campaign and then the user created levels built off of that. With Dreams, it's only as good as the user generated games (and most people at that point would probably want to sell their games).

SWORDF1SH

Yes. I love community created stuff. My favourite feature of LittleBigPlanet

the-pi-guy

Is there no story?  

Legend

Is there no story?  
There is a MM made campaign which hopefully is awesome but they haven't showed that yet.
Yes. I love community created stuff. My favourite feature of LittleBigPlanet
Sure, but this is way more advanced. I feel like the added freedom comes at a cost.

the-pi-guy

I'm less optimistic about it than I was with LittleBigPlanet.  

One thing I really liked about LittleBigPlanet is sackboy.  They had an endearing character to go along to connect with and customize.  

I am pretty much avoiding news and shows about Dreams, but I have not seen anything like that to connect with.  

If reviews are really good, I'm sure to get it.  But, otherwise I'm not really feeling as good about it.

Legend

I'm less optimistic about it than I was with LittleBigPlanet.  

One thing I really liked about LittleBigPlanet is sackboy.  They had an endearing character to go along to connect with and customize.  

I am pretty much avoiding news and shows about Dreams, but I have not seen anything like that to connect with.  

If reviews are really good, I'm sure to get it.  But, otherwise I'm not really feeling as good about it.
The only common trends amongst user generated games will be the kinda fuzzy graphics/art style, and the little floating character used when editing.

I think they teased some stuff about the campaign and it didn't really interest me at the time.

BananaKing

It's such an incredible looking creation engine capable of making absolutely anything, so why should players care?

I've been turned off from dreams since it's hardly a game anymore; it's a game engine. At this point it's literally comparable to Unity, Unreal CryEngine, etc. Especially for artists without programing skills it might even be better than those engines, but it's still just a game creation tool.

Why would that be worth $60 as a player? LBP was great because it had a fun campaign and then the user created levels built off of that. With Dreams, it's only as good as the user generated games (and most people at that point would probably want to sell their games).
Pretty much how I feel. I feel this will flop big time, because what they showed so far isn't a game it's basically an engine like you said. While impressive for me it's not fun at all. LBP was fun even if you never created anything.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yes, i am. Because its a creation tool more than its a game. This could be a zbrush replacement for people who cant afford it. Having an stl export function could be a game changer in the 3d printing community.

Thay aside, MM levels are pretty much always fun.

Dr. Pezus

Sure am but they need to show more "play" gameplay for more people to get interested. Only the minority will spend hours making their own levels