Leaked gameplay of canceled Kinect powered Gears of War RTS

Started by ethomaz, Sep 11, 2014, 03:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Legend

Oh gosh those controls look so horrible.

Wonder how old it is.

u4gReservoirDogs

Looks a lot (gameplay, not graphics) like a game that was free on PSN last year I think ... something with X-com ...
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

Looks a lot (gameplay, not graphics) like a game that was free on PSN last year I think ... something with X-com ...

Yeah kinda but X-com is turn based.

Plus X-com was awesome hahaha.

BananaKing

looks super bad. no wonder it was canned. do we know who was making this?

u4gReservoirDogs

Yeah kinda but X-com is turn based.

Plus X-com was awesome hahaha.

X-com was fun, this game looks painfully frustrating.  ;)

looks super bad. no wonder it was canned. do we know who was making this?

You want to know this so you can add the name to your blacklist? :P
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

BananaKing

X-com was fun, this game looks painfully frustrating.  ;)You want to know this so you can add the name to your blacklist? :P

naa, Kinect was utter shame as a gaming device. what ever devs decided to take it on where probably offered a decent amount of money to do so, but its the kinect that fell short here.

u4gReservoirDogs

naa, Kinect was utter shame as a gaming device. what ever devs decided to take it on where probably offered a decent amount of money to do so, but its the kinect that fell short here.

But Kinect is so good it can even keep your Xbox One quiet ...  ;D

BananaKing

But Kinect is so good it can even keep your Xbox One quiet ...  ;D

it sure can. my xbox one is still in with microsoft. it isnt even made yet. its so dang quiet its like it doesnt even exist!

u4gReservoirDogs

it sure can. my xbox one is still in with microsoft. it isnt even made yet. its so dang quiet its like it doesnt even exist!

Hahaha.  ;D

Dr. Pezus

Would be a hard sell to the typical Gears fan

Max King of the Wild

Yeah, it would make sense that MS thought kinect would be supported if this and Ryse were expected at the same time. Too bad it has no real gameing application and devs quickly figured that out.  Go re-watch e3 reveal for a good laugh. I remember at the beginning of the gen fans were saying kinect 2 would deliver on the promises ms made for kinect. Can I scan a skateboard in and use it in game yet?

kitler53

yeah no.  that looked terrible.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

Microsoft really just does not seem to understand the fans of their franchises. Even less do they appear to know right from the start whether or not something is a bad idea. The fact that this abomination of a project ever had a start is a clear indication of a complete lack of sense. The sad thing is that both Halo and Gears of War would work very well as strategy games but when you attempt poorly executed control schemes, jamming in lore, or making them with a clearly limited budget... yeah it just doesn't work out. Sometimes I feel like anyone on this forum that was put in charge of directing a project would make some of these games much better than the people who actually get paid big money to produce the garbage they do.