Nintendo reveals the "New Nintendo 3DS" and "New Nintendo 3DS LL"

Started by ethomaz, Aug 29, 2014, 04:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

You will miss new releases.

Xenoblade for example... a new Pokemon is in development too exclusive to New... there others software too.

Good luck with them then.  They're going to need it if they think parents are going to buy a new 3DS for their kids.

ethomaz

Aug 29, 2014, 09:11 PM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 09:13 PM by ethomaz

Good luck with them then.  They're going to need it if they think parents are going to buy a new 3DS for their kids.

There are now new features specifics for parents :D

For example... the New 3DS blocks all the non-children content in the internet by default.

To unblock that your parent needs to pay $0.30 Extra.

In what seems to be a new form of parental control, New 3DS consoles will come with a pre-installed filter which limits what websites can be visited using the built in web browser.

The filter can be turned off for a fee of 30 yen ($0.29), which is deducted immediately upon registering a valid credit card. According to Nintendo, the filter will be used to "prevent children from looking at harmful websites" on the New 3DS, and the fee (and credit card registration) is required so that children cannot disable the filter without their parents' consent.

The 3DS has been involved in not so child-friendly activities in the past, and it looks like this browser filter might be Nintendo's way to make the New 3DS a more child-safe successor.

Everybody in Japan already want the New 3DS... especially parents... they are doing exactly what consumers asked.

ethomaz

I want a New 3DS  8)

I didn't want a 3DS before but now I want it.

Legend

I think it looks fugly, but yeah I want it too!

Vita!

There are just so many interesting things about this announcement. I am going to wait till we have hands on reports before passing judgement.

Legend

There are just so many interesting things about this announcement. I am going to wait till we have hands on reports before passing judgement.

Yeah I want a hands on report on the right analogue nub. Seems pointless as is.

BasilZero

Only thing I am disappointed about this announcement is exclusive software.

Talk about screwing over your fanbase who is already 30+ million strong :(

Anyways it hasnt even been a year since I've bought my 3DS XL and I'm sure its the same if not worse for many others.

I wonder if this announcement will affect sales of the current hardware.

Hopefully the "exclusive" software will be just ports of Gamecube and Wii games as it should be....if its exclusive new content...>__>.

I'm not sure if I will get into this, I am planning to buy a WiiU this year and a PS4 within the next two years so I'll probably skip out on this and go for the next actual portable from Nintendo or buy it when its super cheap during black friday in a few years from now ;o.

Legend

Only thing I am disappointed about this announcement is exclusive software.

Talk about screwing over your fanbase who is already 30+ million strong :(

Anyways it hasnt even been a year since I've bought my 3DS XL and I'm sure its the same if not worse for many others.

I wonder if this announcement will affect sales of the current hardware.

Hopefully the "exclusive" software will be just ports of Gamecube and Wii games as it should be....if its exclusive new content...>__>.

I'm not sure if I will get into this, I am planning to buy a WiiU this year and a PS4 within the next two years so I'll probably skip out on this and go for the next actual portable from Nintendo or buy it when its super cheap during black friday in a few years from now ;o.

The 3DS released almost 4 years ago. It's at a point where a true next gen handheld could be announced. This half next gen system doesn't bother me.

The exclusive software will probably be most big titles going forward. At least to me this feels like a slapdash next gen system, not a mega revision.

BasilZero

Aug 30, 2014, 12:01 AM Last Edit: Aug 30, 2014, 12:03 AM by BasilZero

The 3DS released almost 4 years ago. It's at a point where a true next gen handheld could be announced. This half next gen system doesn't bother me.

The exclusive software will probably be most big titles going forward. At least to me this feels like a slapdash next gen system, not a mega revision.

4 years is a little too short for any console life imo - aside from the GBC/GBA all of nintendo's systems had a decent amount of life.

Anyways like I said I might jump into this but I dont think this will be the end of the revisions of the 3DS. If I am right in my conversions - the "New" 3DS XL is actually $180 with the "New" 3DS itself to be $150. Seems more like a revision than any other.

The trend is kinda worrying too because the 2DS came out last year and the year before the 3DS XL came out and now we have "New" 3DS coming out. Feels like Nintendo is CoDing it with its portable console much like how pokemon has become a annual series as well

Pokemon Platinum: 2009
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver : 2010
Pokemon Black/White: 2011
Pokemon Black/White 2: 2012
Pokemon X/Y: 2013
Pokemon OR/AS: 2014

Speaking of which....the next Pokemon game to be exclusive to the "New" 3DS....possibly Pokemon "Z" o.O. (Prediction :P)

Anyways as far as software is considered its fine but when you go and act like Apple....blergh.

Raven

I may, just may, buy this New 3DS.

Legend

Hynad

lil Weezy

dis iz gunna confuze da sheet outta dem cazuals doe

mite by won foar da fam

Dr. Pezus

dis iz gunna confuze da sheet outta dem cazuals doe

mite by won foar da fam

Hello, you're new here!

Nintentacle