Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced (September 2014 - Win Phone and Win 8.1 touchscreen)

Started by ethomaz, Aug 25, 2014, 08:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Long live PC... ops with touchscreen.

Microsoft has just revealed a new game in their long running Age of Empires franchise that's being made for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 touchscreen devices. It's called Age of Empires: Castle Siege and the free-to-play game is due out in September.

Details about the game are scarce at this point, but a new trailer for Castle Siege shows that it will concentrate on building castles as well as attacking and destroying them. The trailer shows that the game is being developed by Smoking Gun Interactive.

The game will get its first public demo this weekend in Seattle as part of the PAX Prime convention. Microsoft says:

"Be the first to demo the new touch-based, free-to-play game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, grab medieval weapons and get your picture taken in the OneDrive booth, or compete in other Age of Empires games on our daily Twitch stream at the Age of Empires booth! All will earn you your own limited edition Castle Siege Pinny Arcade pin and your Castle Siege bandana (while supplies last). Join The Siege!"

the-pi-guy

Aug 25, 2014, 09:01 PM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014, 09:22 PM by the-pi-guy
The explanation had me a little sad, the video though was kind of what I wanted, but it seems rough around the edges. 

This isn't an Age of Empires game though.  :(  Not really. 

Wish MS would make a new one for PC.  One for modern ages! 

Dr. Pezus

Lol @ the like/dislike ratio

Legend

The explanation had me a little sad, the video though was kind of what I wanted, but it seems rough around the edges. 

This isn't an Age of Empires game though.  :(  Not really. 

Wish MS would make a new one for PC.  One for modern ages! 

Agreed.

I might get this game on surface though.