Switch Online is Out....

Started by Cute Pikachu, Sep 19, 2018, 02:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

Cute Pikachu

Out tonight:

Here is what comes with it.

Cloud saves
Nintendo NeS Games(added upon and have online(with friends))
Game share(kinda)
Voice chat(on that stupid dog app)
And more.

To be honest I don't like it.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

I don't like it either, but I'm not sure if I dislike it.

It has worse versions of the features ps+ has but mostly Nintendo just lacks good online focused games. Splatoon is about their only franchise that cares more about online than local multiplayer. I love local mp and don't want Nintendo to move away from that, but it also allows me to be fine without paying for online.

I don't have a switch yet though. Maybe I'll feel tempted once I see greyed out menu options.

Cute Pikachu

Good news is it's only $20 bucks a year
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

I'm more pissed that they killed the Virtual Console for this.

kitler53

Sep 19, 2018, 03:22 PM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 03:34 PM by kitler53
oops.  posted to wrong thread..

... well since i'm here.  i really wonder what impact this will have on their bottom line.  $20 a year (and the family share thing makes it much cheaper for some) isn't a ton of revenue.  but on the other hand it is kind of enough to make me not by a switch.

i mean, i was a bit of a hard sell on a switch anyways but i did skip out on the wiiU and my vita died and sony isn't offering a new generation of mobile gaming.  i was kind of considering a switch but for me it would be a "secondary console".  for basically the same reasons i don't pay for hulu when i already pay for netflix,... it is really hard for me to justify paying a subscription fee to a console i only would plan to play occasionally.  and if i don't pay the subscription fee it make many of the switch games  i would consider buying worthless to me:,.. specifically mario kart and smash.  and without those titles it gets really hard to justify buying a console just for mario odyssey and zelda.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Sep 19, 2018, 03:28 PM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 03:31 PM by the-pi-guy
Wrong thread.

darkknightkryta

Why is everyone posting in the wrong thread?  What was the right thread?

the-pi-guy

Why is everyone posting in the wrong thread?  What was the right thread?
Kitler responded to the wrong thread and then I quoted him.  

darkknightkryta

Kitler responded to the wrong thread and then I quoted him.  
But what was the right thread?

the-pi-guy

But what was the right thread?
The PS classic thread.  

Ludicrous Speed

It's $20 a year. That's nothing. The NES games alone will be worth it in some cases.

darkknightkryta

It's $20 a year. That's nothing. The NES games alone will be worth it in some cases.
They're rotated in and out though.  Did they end up saying if you get to keep them once they're rotated out?  

Xevross

That's true but I still don't think I'm getting it. I barely play online on Switch at all and I have no interest in playing games that are a decade older than me.

the-pi-guy

That's true but I still don't think I'm getting it. I barely play online on Switch at all and I have no interest in playing games that are a decade older than me.
Have you ever played Super Mario Bros?

Kerotan

Big demand on amazon USA for the switch online although that site has been heavily Nintendo biased compared to the overall market for a while. Only the ps classic above it but that's now sold out.

In Japan however there seems very little demand so far. I believe ps plus subs are less in Japan then elsewhere too so maybe it won't be very popular there.

Amazon.co.jp 売れ筋ランキング: ゲーム の中で最も人気のある商品です