previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Dr. Pezus

Like gta x cowboy bebop, hype!

the-pi-guy

Cool.  :o

A bit NSFW...  

Legend

Amazing looking outside world. The interactions with the environment really reminded me of Star Citizen. Gameplay looked fine. Interiors looked meh. All the press over sold this demo. It was an amazing demo but didn't feel next gen imo.

Like gta x cowboy bebop, hype!
Watch_Dogs x Sleeping Dogs x Star Citizen

Was cool that they're doing the Watch Dogs thing of having everyone have a bio but just in that controlled demo there were some obvious repeats for people.

Dr. Pezus

Amazing looking outside world. The interactions with the environment really reminded me of Star Citizen. Gameplay looked fine. Interiors looked meh. All the press over sold this demo. It was an amazing demo but didn't feel next gen imo.

Watch_Dogs x Sleeping Dogs x Star Citizen

Was cool that they're doing the Watch Dogs thing of having everyone have a bio but just in that controlled demo there were some obvious repeats for people.
Probably will add more in!

Legend

Aug 27, 2018, 10:59 PM Last Edit: Aug 27, 2018, 11:05 PM by Legend
Probably will add more in!
That helps but they should do something procedural!

Make every NPC unique just ever so slightly at least.

Oh also I really got Fallout vibes.

Dr. Pezus

That helps but they should do something procedural!

Make every NPC unique just ever so slightly at least.

Oh also I really got Fallout vibes.
Yup and yup!

Legend

edt 3: lol reading reddit comments and people are hyped about the strangest things. IE no loading screens even though Witcher 3 and most open world games lack them.

I really can't wait to explore the game's world and experience the story.

BananaKing

edt 3: lol reading reddit comments and people are hyped about the strangest things. IE no loading screens even though Witcher 3 and most open world games lack them.

I really can't wait to explore the game's world and experience the story.
Witcher 3 had loading screens at some points.

Legend

Witcher 3 had loading screens at some points.
This will have those types too. It's not like you could fast travel without a loading screen (well I guess GOW did it).

The video is just talking about the world being seamless.

the-pi-guy

I'm officially interested.

BananaKing

This will have those types too. It's not like you could fast travel without a loading screen (well I guess GOW did it).

The video is just talking about the world being seamless.
Yeah that wasn't my point. Fast travel is something else. But TW3 had loading screens between the main maps. And also in some caves it would need to load.

Just watched the video though and holy fudge I'm sold. The gameplay looks amazing, sure it's nothing revolutionary but it looks like a lot of fun with a lot of options.

The world seems amazing and highly detailed. And the options and conversations options look amazing. Very dynamic it seems and your choices will make a lot of differences. This game is gonna be the shame, and honestly after seeing that gameplay I agree with the first person perspective.

Sold day 1 on this. It's gonna be amazing

Legend

Yeah that wasn't my point. Fast travel is something else. But TW3 had loading screens between the main maps. And also in some caves it would need to load.

Just watched the video though and holy fudge I'm sold. The gameplay looks amazing, sure it's nothing revolutionary but it looks like a lot of fun with a lot of options.

The world seems amazing and highly detailed. And the options and conversations options look amazing. Very dynamic it seems and your choices will make a lot of differences. This game is gonna be the shame, and honestly after seeing that gameplay I agree with the first person perspective.

Sold day 1 on this. It's gonna be amazing
You're right I forgot that Skellega was a seperate map.

Yeah I was rewatching it and the first mission is nothing special. It just feels like a regular video game. Then she starts walking around in her apartment building and it starts looking kinda unique and pretty similar to Star Citizen imo. But once she walked out into the street area, everything just got very impressive.

I'm treating this game as the Witcher 3 but in sci fi. Should be so incredible.

BananaKing

You're right I forgot that Skellega was a seperate map.

Yeah I was rewatching it and the first mission is nothing special. It just feels like a regular video game. Then she starts walking around in her apartment building and it starts looking kinda unique and pretty similar to Star Citizen imo. But once she walked out into the street area, everything just got very impressive.

I'm treating this game as the Witcher 3 but in sci fi. Should be so incredible.
Yeah there were also other locations like white orchard, kear Morten and the palace in vizima (I'm actually impressed with my self that I remember their names lol. I love TW3).

All in all the loading screens were very little in the Witcher 3 considering the sheer scope of the game, but there were some here and there

As for Cyberpunk, what's Impressive to me is that they didn't go with a 7 minute gameplay video that high lighted the flashiest part of the game. But it was an 48 minute video game that wants you to feel the scale of this game and what you can expect

- RPG mechanics? Check
- Interesting characters? Check
- Fluid and customisable gameplay? Check
- dynamic and lively open world? Check
- choices and variety in mission outcome? Check
- Consequences in your actions? Check
- a sci-fi feel and lore for the game? Check
- options to tackle missions in the way you want? Check
- improved system for making decisions? Check

I don't think CDPR are trying to make the flashiest game demo, but wanted to give you a dive into the world and know that there is a shame tone there. Heck that was an hour long demo, and you still felt you were barely scratching the surface. Most games wouldn't ever dare show that much in their first gameplay demo in fear they would show too much.

Kerotan

Cool.  :o

A bit NSFW...  
If you work in a school maybe!