Boss Key Productions Closing

Started by Legend, May 15, 2018, 06:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

SWORDF1SH

Whooooooo?
I see the article somewhere else and misread the title. I thought Cliff was opening a studio called Boss Key because I was totally unaware that this studio existed.

What games have they made?

Xevross

May 15, 2018, 10:48 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:54 AM by Xevross
Whooooooo?
I see the article somewhere else and misread the title. I thought Cliff was opening a studio called Boss Key because I was totally unaware that this studio existed.

What games have they made?
LawBreakers, an overwatch clone almost completely devoid of its own ideas. And it recently announced Radical Heights, a Fornite clone completely devoid of its own ideas.

Lawbreakers epically failed, as it deserved to do. It became famous for having current player counts of literally 1 on steam. And the peak was never that high, all time peak was only 7000 and I think that was during a free trial weekend or something. It was a financial disaster.

Radical Heights was in super early access, and was basically just a much worse Fortine so no one played it, and I guess they've run out of money now.

No loss here for the industry at all, Cliffy B led this place terribly. I hope the actual talented people there do find jobs now though.

Legend

LawBreakers, an overwatch clone almost completely devoid of its own ideas. And it recently announced Radical Heights, a Fornite clone completely devoid of its own ideas.

Lawbreakers epically failed, as it deserved to do. It became famous for having current player counts of literally 1 on steam. And the peak was never that high, all time peak was only 7000 and I think that was during a free trial weekend or something. It was a financial disaster.

Radical Heights was in super early access, and was basically just a much worse Fortine so no one played it, and I guess they've run out of money now.

No loss here for the industry at all, Cliffy B led this place terribly. I hope the actual talented people there do find jobs now though.
Lawbreakers had no players but it wasn't a bad game. The biggest problem was that it was different than Overwatch but marketed like it was an Overwatch clone.

Radical Heights was so poorly executed. It didn't help that everyone knew it was a last ditch effort and stood on unstable ground. Big free to play games need to either be insanely good or feel like something worthy of investing your time in.

Wonder if Cliffy B will try a small indie game if he returns. Resetting his career and showing he can still make great games would probably be good for his image.